That's life

~Chapter 41~
                       THATS LIFE

Charlis POV:
No no no no?? Does he know?? He can't know! I don't want to be sent away to a foster home! I'm almost done high school, I can make it through my last years.

What does he mean I didn't tell him that story last night? Was I dumb enough to tell him what had happened? I really hope not. I really really hope not.

This one here, on my rib cage hurt the worst. It was like something had punctuated into my stomach and I really thought I had broken a rib. I fell down the stairs. Well. I didn't fall. I was pushed. My parents were fighting once again and I was in the way, and of course I had to be near the stairwell so all it took was one push for me to fall and crash into the drawers.

I also hit my head and my nose started bleeding. Every time I breathe it hurts and that's probably why I asked chase to take off the dress.

I sighed

Charli: "what did I say"

What did i say this time?
I really hope I didn't tell him

Chase: "you told me you fell down the stairs"

So I told him the truth? The half truth?

Charli: "I don't know what to tell you chase. I was drunk. I had no idea what I was saying"

I put the rest of my clothes on and walked out of the closet

Chase: "you know I'm here for you. Well I am for the next few weeks. So you can tell me anything"

I quickly ran to the bathroom and started puking in the toilet

He walked behind me and grabbed my hair from my face

Chase: "I won't tell anyone. I just wanna help"

When I stopped puking I looked up at him

Charli: "I told you. I fell cheerleading"

He nodded

Chase: "okay. I believe you. It's just not the first time I've seen you with random injuries"
Charli: "there's a difference between being clumsy and being abused"

I really do have to cover this stuff up more. It's better no one knows about this. I just wish he'd move on from this. I'm fine, I'm okay. Yeah when I move it hurts like hell, but it's temporary pain.

Every day I think about how unfair my life is, how everyone else has good parents and I'm stuck with them. But that's life, bad things happen to everyone.

Chase: "okay. I believe you"

He doesn't believe me? I know it??

Charli: "do you?"
Chase: "yeah I do."

He doesn't

Charli: "You kinda seem like you don't"

I grabbed the toilet and started puking again

Chase: "I do."

He held my hair back and patted my back

I heard a knock on the window
I quickly looked at chase

Charli: "get in there"

He looked confused

Chase: "what?"
Charli: "get in the shower"

He smirked and I rolled my eyes

Chase: "why?"
Charli: "Justin's here. Go!"