Leading on

~Chapter 106~
LEADING ON

Chases POV:

                Dear diary,
I'm about to go onto the field and I'm about to play in a lacrosse game that could make history in this school. But all I can think about is what she said to me "I have all I need right here"
I'm enough for her? Does that mean that I'm enough? Their could be a chance for us. For us to be really together. We can't be like this forever? Something has to happen eventually. I don't want to be disrespectful by expecting something to happen... but she's gonna dragging me on to that possibility... of course I'm here for her and Il always be her friend but it's either friends or nothing, the constant flirting and touching keeps giving me hope for something and it isn't fair to me... because if she doesn't want anything to happen between us, it's just giving me false hope.

Coach: "get up Chase! Let's go! Stop writing in that book of yours and get up!"

Sheesh okay.

I stood up and got on to the field.
I got in my position then the cheerleaders started chanting and doing their thing

"Two, four, six, eight, who do we appreciate! Sea coast high! Go sea coast!"

"Welcome to the lacrosse championships! Sea coast vs evergreen! Let's get started"
Our principal said

Everyone cheered and clapped
I began getting more nervous.

What if I lose this for the team? Will everyone hate me? What if Charli will be disappointed in me?

I have to win

"3, 2, go!"

Our team grabbed the ball and someone passed it to me, I caught it in my net and ran towards their net.
Someone from the other team grabbed it from me and started running towards our net.
They threw it into the net and scored a point. Already.

We are so losing this.

At half time we were losing 0-6

Ain't no way we're getting back from this.

I walked to the bleachers and sat down next to Charli sighing.
I laid down on the beach and put my head in her lap

Chase: "you did great out there"
She put her hands in my hair and tilted her head up so I was facing her

Can't say the same for myself.

Charli: "what is going on with you. You're a great lacrosse player and I know when you're giving your best. Right now, you aren't giving your best."

...

Chase: "I can't give my best because im not concentrating on the game, im not thinking about the game."

She looked confused

Charli: "then what are you thinking about."
Chase: "you"

I'm always thinking about her.

Chase: "not just you. Us."
Charli: "Chase..."

I took my head off her lap

Chase: "ok. It's fine. I'm completely okay if you only wanna be friends. Just please stop giving me false hope, please stop confusing me. It's already hard enough for me to be only friends with you..."