The blame

~Chapter 110~
THE BLAME

Charlis POV:
I woke up in the ER with Chase holding my hand

What happened?

Chase: "oh thank god you're awake"

Right. I fainted.

Charli: "of course I'm awake. You think I died or something."

Why am I in a hospital?? I'm fine? I told
him that.

Charli: "can we please get out of here. I'm okay"

He's gonna tell someone. I know he is. He can never keep anything to himself, he called the police on Bentley, who says he won't do the same to my parents. I get that he wants to protect me, but that's not what I want.

Chase: "you fainted, I was not just gonna leave you there and wait till you woke up."

He could've.

A doctor walked up to us

Doctor: "Hey, you're awake. How are you doing?"
Charli: "I'm fine."

She looked down at her charts

doctor: "I'm doctor Waver and I will be your doctor for today"
Charli: "it's okay. This was a misunderstanding. I don't need a doctor"

I started getting up

Doctor: "Mame, please stop and take a seat."
Charli: "I'm fine"

I stood up and felt light headed, like I was gonna faint. I took a seat back down and chase held my hand

Doctor: "you aren't actually fine Charli."

What?

I felt Chase tense up

Doctor: "While you were unconscious, we gave you a CT scan. In your scans, we saw that you have a severe concussion that's been building up for a while. The hit to your head today, that couldn't have caused a severe concussion. We believe that you had another or other hits to your head that caused this concussion. Once you got this hit to the head again, it made the concussion a lot worse. This could cause permanent brain damage which could lead to you being brain dead"

I could die? This could kill me if I'm not carful-

Chase: "how do we fix it?"

I looked at him and he squeezed my hand tighter. It looked like he was about to cry.

Doctor: "Charli could you tell me why you've been getting so many injuries to your head?"
Charli: "why?"

She doesn't need to know that?

Doctor: "It would help us figure out how we manage this."

They can't ask personal questions like that.

Doctor: "we also see in our records that you were here a few months ago for different injuries?"

...are they onto me?

Doctor: "if something is going on you can tell us."
Her eyes moved to Chase

Is she trying to get him to say something? What is this an interrogation room?

Charli: "I came in a few months ago for a cheerleading accident. I am fine."

She starred at me in the eyes then looked back at chase

Doctor: "would you like to talk alone? Without your boyfriend in the room?"

Why would I wann- oh-she thinks chase did this?? Are you kidding me?

Charli: "no. He didn't do this. Are you joking? He wouldn't hurt a fly."

I looked at him and he looked hurt that she'd even think that

Chase: "oh my god no. I didn't see that you were implying that. I promise on my life I didn't hurt her, I'd never hurt her. Ever. I would never lay a hand on a girl, especially if that girl is the person I love. I didn't do this and I didn't even know she was at the hospital a few months ago- I wasn't here. I was in Kentucky. I didn't do anything. I promise with everything I have, I swear on my grandmas grave-"
Doctor: "okay sir. I understand."

He rambles a bit too much some times

Charli: "I fell. I'm clumsy. That's just what I do."

The doctor nodded

doctor: "there's nothing we can really do for you, all I can say is, don't do anything that could cause you to hit your head again. If you get one more hit as bad as this one then you could die."

Oh god. I'm gonna die.

Doctor: "id advise you to take a break on any sports your in, and get lots of rest."
Charli: "ok thank you."

Yup. I'm definitely going to die.

I stood up and almost fell over again, Chase grabbed me and picked me up

Charli: "I can walk"
Chase: "you can but you don't have to because you have me "

I smiled and he carried me all the way to the car. When we got in, we were silent.

Chase: "you were at the hospital a few months ago because of them? Don't lie"

I slowly nodded

Chase: "oh my god it was the day you went back to the house wasn't it. She said she would punish you when you came back. Oh my god this was all my fault. What did they do to you? I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. If I would have just ran away with you then that wouldnt have happened- This is all my fault-"

He's really gotta stop with these rants.

Charli: "it's not your fault. It's not anyones fault but theirs."

It's not his fault my parents hurt me.

Chase: "none of this would have happened if I ran away with you. You might die because of me."
Charli: "you didn't want to leave with me, I don't want your pitty."

It wouldn't have changed what he wanted to do. Whether he knew my parents were abusive or not, he still wouldn't want to leave with me. He would have just been forced to.

Chase: "I feel guilty."
Charli: "don't."

He put his hand on mine and took a deep breath

Charli: "this isn't your fault"
Chase: "I know- I just- I don't want you to die"

I wrapped my arms around him and he hugged me

Chase: "you keep acting like this isn't a big deal and I know it isn't to you, but it is to me because I love you and I can't let you die. You're life means something to me and I need you to promise me you'll treat it like it means something to you too"

I nodded

Charli: "I promise"

A/n
Rip🪦🪦🪦🪦💔💔💔💔🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

Only 10 chapters left!! 😭😭😭 the last chapters are gonna have a lot so be prepared

Chapters left - 10
Word count - 1055