chapter 79

Taylor's Pov:

I stepped inside the living room leaving Harry and Lucy behind. Anne was standing next to the large window with her back facing me.

I cleared my throat and she crossed her arms around her chest still looking outside.

"I must say. I never thought that my son would turn against me for another woman", She said and i rolled my eyes.

I really don't want to have a fight with her right now but it's pretty clear where she's going with this. And for a moment i wanted to turn around and walk outside but she added:" Most of the women he's been with didn't worry me much. Because i know what they wanted and i managed to keep them away from my son".

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I don't know what to do to make this woman believe that i love her son. I love him for the person he is. I love his kindness, I love his warmth. The way he smiles and the way he talks. The way his eyes land on me admiring every last inch of me and The way his hand finds its way to mine , the way he squeezes it when he feels that I'm nervous or scared. I love the way he takes care of Lucy and the way he tries his best to just get a small laugh from her. That's what i love about him. Not his money not his wealth.And i don't understand why she finds it so hard to believe.

She turned around and looked at me, her arms still crossed against her chest. "I guess i couldn't keep you away because you're not like them, You're different", I frowned and opened my mouth to speak but was cut off by her words:" I think because this thing you have is really bigger than anything i could stop"."

She said and i trying reading through her words. She cracked a small smile and said:" Love, It's a funny thing, isn't it?, When you love one and only one, compared to them, nothing and no one else matters And that was what i was too blind to see. My son was in love and i didn't realize it. I tried so hard to keep you away but i never could because... Well because of just one thing no one in this world could really define what it is and it's Love". She shrugged at the end with a small smile and i don't know how to reply.

"I want to apologize Taylor. For everything i did and everything i said. I hope you can somehow forgive me one day ... I'm sorry". She finishes and i just stand there looking like an idiot letting her words sink in.

"I uh... You don't have to apologize. You were trying to keep your son safe and i understand that. i just want you to know that i never meant for any of this to happen. I never wanted to stand between you and Harry and i really do love your son. He's the best thing that happened in my life after years of utter sadness. I finally get to wake up in the morning and have something to look up to . He changed my life and i ... I love him". I said letting out a breath at the end. She sweetly smiles at me and then she takes a few steps closer.

She rested her hand on my shoulder and said:" I can't believe i ever mistaken you for something you're not. You're a lovely girl and i wish you and Harry the best of luck".

I smile and she pulls me in for a small hug but pulls away when she heard someone clear his throat behind us.

"What's going on here?", Harry says stepping inside with his eyes searching for answers after seeing me and his mother hugging.

Anne walks to Harry and hugs him around the waist. Her hand ran up and down his back and i heard her whisper :" I hope you can forgive me, son".

She pulled away and looked at me and said:" Well , I'm going to leave you two do whatever you were planning to do. I hope i can see you soon Taylor".

I smile and nod my head and then she walks away. I look at Harry and chuckle at his face expression. He honestly look so puzzled .

I walk to him hugging him tight. "What just happened?", He asked wrapping his arms around me.

I snuggle closer to him and whisper against his neck :" I think we finally got your mother's blessings".

Harry chuckles and then pulls away. "Where's Lucy?", I ask seeing that she's no where around.

"She's in the car. I came back here to tell you we are leaving", He speaks putting a piece of my hair behind my ear. I nod and then kiss his cheek.

"Let's go", I say as i grab his hand and lean against him as we walk out of the house to his car.

Ps: Since some of you guys liked the last edit i made, i made another even though they're not really good i just like to make them and share it with you :) What do you guys think about the chapter??!!