chapter 57

"Mommy i'm not tired " Lucy said hitting her foot on the ground . Harry chuckled at Taylor as she sighed and put her hand on her forehead .

"I don't care Lucy , It's your bed time and you have to sleep " Taylor said reaching for her but Lucy ran to the other side and jumped in Harry's lap who was sitting on the couch .

"Uncle Harry , please don't let her take me to bed " , Lucy whined hugging Harry . He looked at Taylor and said "Taylor , Leave her , When she's tired she can go to bed " .

Taylor shook her head and said "No , she has to wake up early tomorrow to go to kindergarten , she can't sleep late " .

She walked to them and tried picking up Lucy from Harry's lap . Lucy started screaming trying her best not to let go of Harry .

Taylor pulled her back to her a bit too hard causing Lucy to shout and kick her legs . Taylor walked to the small room and closed the door behind her . Harry sighed hearing Lucy's screams from inside .

He and Taylor came back home a few hours ago and stayed with Emma a little untill she left . Now they are alone with Lucy .

He stood up when he felt his phone ringing in his pocket . He answered it with a "Hello ? " .

"Hello Harry , You have to come over here , we have to talk " , Harry heared his father speak , "Why dad , what's wrong ? , what happened " .

"Just come here son and we'll talk " He said before he hung up leaving Harry standing in confusion .

He put his phone in his pocket and walked to Lucy's room . He opened the door slightly and peaked inside to see Taylor kissing her daughter's forehead and rubbing her back . Lucy was already asleep and Harry smiled seeing Taylor hugging her like that after she just shouted at her .

When Taylor saw him by the door she smiled and tried getting out of bed making sure not to wake up Lucy . She walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his waist resting her head against his chest .

Harry smiled as he kissed the top of her head .He closed the door and pulled her out . "Babe?" , 
he whispered runing his finger down her short hair .

 Taylor: "Mhm? " .

 Harry :"I have to go "  .

Taylor pulled her head back to look at him ."Why? " , she asked as Harry smiled down at her .

Harry : My dad just called me . He said we need to talk .

"Oh !" Taylor said looking away from him , "so you're not going to spend the night here ? " , She asked playing with the top of his shirt .

"I don't know baby , I'll see what happens " , he said stroking her cheek . She nodded and then kissed his cheek .

Taylor : Ok then you better go so that you won't leave him waiting . 

Harry nodded his head and then leaned down and kissed her . Taylor smiled through the kiss and pulled away .

He wore his coat and then opened the door . Making sure to give Taylor one last kiss and a hug before walking away .

 ______

Harry walked to the large living room to see his parents sitting on the couch waiting for him . He sighed and then stepped inside .

"Hi " , he said hugging his father but ignoring Anne . He sat on the couch facing them and said "What is it you wanted to talk about ? " .

Harry's father looked at him and sighed . He looked at Harry is the eyes and said "How long have you known ? " .

Harry was confused . With a frown he said :"what are you talking about dad ? " .

"You know what i am talking about Harold " , Des said never taking his gaze away from Harry .

"dad i don't know what are you talk- " He was cut by Anne saying "That you are adopted Harry " .

Harry glared at Anne and then took a deep breath looking at the floor . He clenched his jaw and said "How do you know that i know ? " .

"That doesn't matter Harold , Just tell us for how long you've known " , Des said .

Harry looked down at his hands and closed his eyes . " Since i was seventeen years old "  . He heard Des sigh .

"Why didn't you tell us ? " , Des spoke .

"Because it doesn't matter " , Harry said looking at his father .

"Yes it matters Harry" , Des said trying to reach for Harry's hand . Harry stood up from his seat and said "No it doesn't , I have known you two as my parents for years , and that never changed , nor it ever will , so let's not make a big deal of it , shall we ? " .

He looked at Des and then at Anne and added "And you , you are still my mother , even though you can't see that i'm prefectly happy with Taylor , and that she isn't evil , you are still my mother , and i still respect you , but i wish you can respect my decision too , and i would like to apologize for shouting at you before , I shouldn't have done that in any situation at all , I am sorry " .

"Now if you would excuse me i have to leave " , He turned around and stepped outside .

He took a deep breath before walking to his car and driving away . But having to pull over after a while .

A small tear rolled down his cheek and he quickly wiped it away . He always tried telling himself that being adopted doesn't matter . But he doesn't know if he can believe himself anymore .

Yes . The Styles did take him in and raised him . Loved him and watched him grow . Made him the heir of everything they own . Their name . Their fortune . Their business .

But he can't not think about how it would be like if his real parents didn't leave him . If he was raised like any other normal guy and not a billionaire . 

He sighed and closed his eyes resting his forehead on the steering wheel . "I guess i'll never know " He spoke to himself .