Later, after it was all over, Jimin learned he was listening to calm piano music on full blast. Ironically, rain showers played in the background of the audio.

"Thunder and lightning scares me," Is all he said. "Hearing rain behind music feels like I have control of the weather. I can turn it off whenever I want."

He never did say thank you to Jimin for that day.

But the shorter didn't really mind.

After the storm, Jungkook becomes quite a bit more clingy, both physically and emotionally. Jimin can only conclude that it's because Jungkook, who doesn't often express his emotions verbally, feels safe around Jimin, he's a comfort for him. That's what he guesses anyways. And he's happy.

Because he feels really safe around Jungkook too.

The younger, who saved up a lot of time simply not speaking, spent that time being extremely attentive instead. He protected Jimin, just doing little things, such as navigating him through crowds by pulling on his shirt sleeve, while Jimin was too busy talking away. He grabbed breakable items off of high shelves for his clumsy friend, just so there would be a smaller chance of an accident. Jimin noticed it all.

And he found himself loving the awkward cuddlebug, as a brother, as a friend, perhaps even more if fate allowed it. He didn't care that he didn't have strong social skills. He didn't care if conservative middle-aged women crossed the street when they walked together because of his appearance. Jungkook was his puppy, and he wanted nothing but the best for him always.

"Did you stretch the holes again?" Jimin eyed Jungkook's gauges, the holes in his ear about the side of a penny. "They look bigger."

"Yep," Jungkook nodded, staring at the sidewalk as they walked.

Jimin stuck his pinky through the hole closest to him, his finger bumping up against the plastic. "Cool-"

"Ouch," Jungkook sucks in a breath.

"Oh! No, they're still sensitive, aren't they?" Jimin furrows his eyebrows, quickly talking his hand back.

"Yeah."

"Sorry Kook," Jimin ruffles his hair. "That was my bad. I hope I didn't hurt you too much."

"I'm fine," Jungkook boops his nose as non-verbal assurance. "Don't worry Mimm."

"Good," Jimin giggles. "Your new gauges look amazing by the way. Deep purple...you look like dark royalty with that color. Like a king with evil intentions."

Jungkook smirks. "Okay now when I'm getting home I'm going to play some eerie violin and absorb that persona."

"No, you're too sweet!" Jimin argues with a laugh.

"Ooh, hey Baby, you're cute," The two get stopped by a sleazy older man. The hairs on Jimin's arms raise as they make eye-contact. This has happened before, and it's never easy. His face involuntarily twists into one of disgust.

"What do you want?" Jimin glared softly. He felt Jungkook tense next to him. Of course, this is the first time Jungkook watched this happen. He probably feels like this man is threatening Jimin's well-being in some way. He's like that sometime.

"A pretty little thing like you wouldn't be looking for some fun, would he?" The man steps closer. He's only a bit taller than Jimin, but he's definitely more muscular. He looks as if he may have been attractive in his time, but the decisions he made in his life ruined it all for him now. Unfortunately, he still held onto the ego his looks once gave him. Jimin's nose scrunched up, getting a whiff of his disgusting breath. What gave him the audacity to think he could hit on Jimin? "I'd be willing to pay, you're worth a lot of money you know."