love & war | forty five

7/07/2021
                           "You might not have been at a journey like this for a little while, so I will quickly remind you of the safety protocols."

Said the commentator as the England players walked out of the team tunnel with much pride.

"It best to keep your seatbelt fastend at all time, and if you have a tray or a table I would use it. Spillages have been known."

The Danish players continued to walk out - as the England players now had lined up - staring up into the crowd.

Fallon scanned the crowd with a smile as she suddenly saw her grandad with a proud smile in the crowd - sat next to David Beckhem - as she nodded at the two.

"But if England get their desired destination, it will be worth a tummy flip or two."

The players got into the positions before taking the knee, Fallon was in midfield with Declan next to her.

And before Fallon could take anything in, it was kick off.

England starting with the ball - passing the between themselves and occasionally Denmark making tackles and getting the ball for the first 20 minutes.

As Danish players made it into England's box, Damsgaard took the shot - just shooting it over the post.

Another three minutes passed - Fallon making a run over to the Danish players who were running at quite the speed towards the home net.

"Dolberg, unmuscling Rice."

Fallon looked over at Declan and Mason who were signalling to the ref that they hadn't done anything.

However a free kick had been given away, Declan shooing it away again.

"And another free kick has been given for Denmark, a lot closer in for a foul."

The players huffed at Damgaard stepped up to take the free kick - the ball flying over England's defenders making it into the top left corner of the net.

"Mikkel Damsgaard... oh! And it's a wonderful goal! England conceded their first goal of the tournament, and it's a dash of Danish Dynamite!"

Pickford sighed hitting the ground out of anger, as the English players sighed.

As the big screen flashed to Southgate on the side lines who was muttering with Steve about changes they should make.

As the next 15 minutes was played on, England recovered quickly from the goal - and were determined to equalise it.

Fallon and Scarlet nodded at each other- making runs into the centre on the Danish half of the pitch.

"Ferguson."

As Fallon received the ball from Scarlet, she eyed Bukayo who was at the left wing before passing to him.

Bukayo running forward - passing to Harry who was just infront of Mason.

"Raheem Sterling wants it, it's an unbelievable save from Kasper Schemeichel!"

Bouncing of a Danish defender, the ball was back to the left wing of the Danish side of the pitch.

As the ball approached Kyle Walker's feet he passed to Clara who quickly passed to Bukayo - as he ran forward making a pass on the edge of the box.