love & war | forty one

13/06/2021

After months of waiting today was England's first match of the Euro's.

All the players were absolutely buzzing for todays match, as it was England v Croatia. It being labelled as 'the World Cup semi-finals rematch' by the media.

Fallon's loud alarm went off waking her, breakfast was in half an hour so she figured she would get ready for breakfast.

She went into the toilet washing her face before heading to her wardrobe and getting her kit on for training.

As she slipped on her trainers there was a small knock on the door.

"I didn't order room service." Fallon thought to herself as she looked through the small peep hole.

A smile grew on her face as she recognised the person, opening the door happily. "Good morning angel."

Mason smiled as Fallon gave him a peck on the lips as she looked across the corridor to see Tammy and Clara approaching them.

"Good morning love birds!" Clara shouted excitedly as Fallon looked at Mason.

"You told them didn't you?"
"Well they kind of figured it out."

Fallon looked at Clara and Tammy, "It was really obvious, he went all smiley on the flight back."

"Alright just be quiet for a bit because I'm pretty sure there are people staying in these rooms aswell." Chuckled Fallon.

Tammy laughed as Mason playfully pushed him, Clara coming through to give Fallon a hug. "I knew my babies would get together eventually."

Smiled Clara proudly as the four players laughed, "You lot can't tell anyone!" Fallon said as they walked to breakfast.

"Of course we won't, Mason swore us to secrecy." Tammy reasoned as Fallon laughed.

"And we're not snitches." Clara said,
"Do you think the gaffa knows?" Asked Fallon, curiosity hitting her in the face.

She pulled a face as the players laughed, "Probably not, but he'll figure it soon, he has eyes everywhere."

Clara said as they walked into the cafeteria, Fallon sitting on the usual table she sat at with Maya, Fin, Clara, Scarlet, Trent, Callum, Declan and Mason.

"Heyy." Fallon greeted her teammates before sitting
down, "Fallon!" Smiled Scarlet happily as she sat down next to her.

Breakfast was done and finally it was their last training session before the match.

"Everyone, I'm planning that we start with rondos!"
Southgate said to the players who nodded.

"Clara choose any player here." Said Southgate making Clara look around, "Trent." She shrugged as Southgate nodded.

"And Bukayo you choose another player."
"Mills." Bukayo said referring to Millie Bright, as Southgate chuckled.

"How about we do a senior men v senior women game? And then afterwards we can do one with the youngsters."

Suggested Southgate as the players looked at each other nodding.

"Why not? It's for fun after all and yous deserve some fun before working hard for this tournament."