love & war | forty

"I like you, just a little bit though. Why? I have no idea. Your caring, and an amazing player, your funny and-"

"You don't need to give me any reasons Mase."

"What why? We've been childhood enemies for time. We're Mason and Fallon, Fallon and Mason, who can't stay in the same room for too long without arguing."

Shaking her head, Fallon spoke up once again, in the middle of Mason's rambling.

Fallon smiled as she stood up on her tippy toes, giving Mason a peck on the lips to shut him up.

"You don't need a reason because I like you too, you muppet."

Mason looked down at the girl with a smile on his face, "You like me too?" He asked, still not believing what he was hearing.

"Yes Mase, I do!" Said Fallon inbetween nods, looking up at him.

"So what would you say if I asked you to be my girlfriend?"
"I'd say yeah."

Fallon looked down feeling shy. Her cheeks suddenly got a bit hot meaning that she was probably blushing.

"Then, Ferguson, will you be my girlfriend?"
"Mhm."

Fallon tried to contain the smile on her face by looking down, as Mason grabbed her chin making her look at him.

"What was that?"
"Yes!"

Shouted Fallon as Mason chuckled - his confidence suddenly raising as the girl looked at him.

"Can we keep this on the down low for a bit though?" Asked Fallon as she looked at her new boyfriend.

"I get it, it'd be weird to just come out and say that we're dating after hating each other for years."
Mason nodded as Fallon agreed.

"But after that, you better let me show you off to everyone, yeah?" Fallon smiled at the boy's comment.

"Of course."

Being in a relationship wasn't new for Fallon. She had always dated in the past but being with Mason was something else. The two had known each other since they were children, the had played against and with each other, they had loved and hated each other, but that's what made this one really different. For the first time in a while she felt herself relax a bit. However she didn't know how they would cope, with Fallon being in Paris for Psg and Mason being in London for Chelsea.

"So where are you off to?" Mason asked after the short, comforting silence.

"Just heading back to the hotel, I have a flight that I have to in an hour back to Paris." Sighed Fallon bring Mason to pout.

"I won't see you for another month." Said Mason making Fallon smile, Mason looked like a child again, something she found adorable.

"Mase it's only a month, I'll see you at international break, won't I?" Reasoned Fallon as she looked at her boyfriend.

The two knew very well that it's be hard - but they really wanted to make it work. Whether that meant having to visit each other once a month to calling everyday they wanted to make it work.

"Yeah, but promise me to text and call me everyday until then?" Mason asked as Fallon nodded,
"Of course I will."

Mason held Fallon's hand softly, "So are you walking me to my hotel or not? Because we're making a bit of a scene here."

She tugged at their hands as Mason nodded, "Alright then, calm." He chuckled as they start to walk.

Mason had walked Fallon all the way back to her hotel, insisting on a kiss goodbye before they wouldn't see each other for a few weeks.