love & war | twenty six

26/01/2021
                   The psg team had arrived early for the match's start. Today they were playing Lille in the French premier league, and could be Fallon's debut for the club.

A part of Fallon felt excited, and another part of her felt nervous. She didn't often feel nerves but when it came to football, the thing Fallon loved the most, she couldn't help but feel the nerves. But she didn't want that to get to her and affect the way she plays today.

She got into the dressing room with Kylian before approaching Mauricio.

"Ah Fallon!" Mauricio said turning around to see the girl, "I was just looking for you!"

"We've discussed about your debut and we think we're gonna keep you on the bench for now."

Deep down, the girl was angry. She wanted to be on that pitch playing, she knew she'd be able to make a difference. But she didn't want to show anything to Mauricio - all she wanted to do was play. Fallon trusted her other teammates though and she knew either way, playing or not, they were probably going to win.

Fallon nodded in response as Kylian approached her again, "Are you okay? Are you in the starting line-up?"

"Nah." Letting out a sigh Fallon looked at Kylian, "He said he's keeping me on the bench for now, depending on the play of the others and Lille."

Explained Fallon as Kylian nodded, "Well let's get changed and warm-up."

The two got changed and headed out onto the home pitch before starting warmups. Fallon approached Sakina and Grace who were doing warmups.

"Fallon!" Sakina smiled, "Starting lineup?" Sakina asked as Fallon sighed, "Bench for now." She smiled back.

"You'll come on Fal, you are an amazing player."

Grace reassured the girl knowing how Fallon's way were.

Fallon may have been a good player, but she was always one to overthink things. So it was sweet for Grace to reassure her even though the girls hadn't known each other for too long.

"Come on. Let's continue warming up!" Sakina smiled as Fallon put her bib on.

Time went on quickly and soon it was kick off with
Mauricio settling with a 1-4-3-3 formation.

"Today we have Psg vs Lille, and Ferguson's debut. Today we have Ferguson starting off on the bench, but after further talk with Mauricio, Paris Saint-Germain's coach, she could be coming on during the first or second half of the match."

The commentator said as Fallon watched on the bench, smugly as her and Sara set together Sakina and Grace being in the starting lineup with Neymar and Kylian.

"Come on Paris!!" Sara shouted as Marquinhos headed up to Lille's captain before they shook hands flipping a coin.

As the coin landed on heads, the psg players sighed.

"And the ball starts in Lille's possession for the first half."

Commentators said as Fallon sighed, "We'll be alright." Sara smiled as Fallon nodded.

Kick off started with Lille's ball psg just straining for the ball.

"Its Lille's striker, Isaac Lihadj."

Said the commentator as he went driving forward, "Shit." Fallon mumbled to herself, biting her bottom lip.

The game continued as it got into the 20th minutes where Lihadj passed to Botman they continued to drive forward, psg's defenders running back to their positions.