love & war | eight

Just after the England players had finished taking the knee, the whistle shortly blew after which symbolised kick-off.

Right away, Poland had taken possession of the ball which did cause some tension in the team for a bit however it did luckily wear off.

"It's Robert Lewandowski, in the box! Oh! It's a very sweet tackle from Carter!"

The commentator said as Maya got the ball quickly passing it up the pitch.

Fallon quickly ran forward noticing barely anyone was forward except from Mason. As Marcus made a run with the ball into Poland's side of the pitch before passing it to Fallon who was in the box.

She looked at the Polish defenders trying to dance her way through them, as she saw an opening.

"Shoot!" Clara screamed behind the girl as she took shot making it into the bottom, right corner.

The fans behind the net's arms raised in excitement as everyone celebrated.

Fallon smiled as she ran into the corner of the pitch celebrating happily. As Marcus jumped on her back, with her other teammates congratulating her.

"Well can you believe it?! Fallon Ferguson making a debut goal in the first 5 minutes!" 

The commentator said as the crowd roared. Fallon stared into the crowd as she saw her smiling grandad stood with her proud dad.

"Well done Ferguson." Mason said patting her shoulder as returned it with a smile. "Thanks!"

Everyone returned to their original positions just building back up from Fallon's goal. From then on England took control of the game until half time.

At half time it was currently still 1-0 to England.  An extra 2 minutes of injuring time. That was until some of the Polish players started to get more forward.

"Get back!" Pickford screamed to his back 3 as they all went up to the Polish striker who was being marking by Saka and Tammy.

As Lewandowski shot forward with the ball taking a shot, landing right into Pickford's hands.

He placed it down for the goal kick, before booting the ball into Glik's feet.

"Pickford's poor clearance and could've just costed them."

Glik running forward and passing to his teammate Ewa Pajor. She made the run toward making it to the box before passing it to Klich who confidently took the shot.

Making it into the top corner the Polish team ran to a corner celebrating together, teasing the home fans.

"Pickford's poor clearance has just costed them a call from Klich. A beautiful goal from Klich there."

The commentator said as they replayed the goal, as the halftime whistle went. Fallon was clearly irritated, and you could see it on her face.

After she had just scored a debut goal, of course the opposing had to score. They all headed down the tunnel heading to their changing room.

"Sit down and relax. I think the most important thing for us is to be more aggressive with the defense, and I don't mean so aggressive that you get booked but I think we need to press more."

Gareth explained to the players as they all listened carefully, "Then keep the 1-3-4-3 with Harry, Marcus and Fallon up front. We have to be patient."