love & war | thirty

"So, the starting lineup is in a
1-3-4-3 formation. From left to right it's, Chilly, Carter and Mings with Ellie Roebuck in net."

Southgate smiled announcing Ellie's official England debut - everyone congratulating her.

"Then in midfield we have Clara, Reece, Jack and Bukayo." Fallon looked up from the ground, meeting Mason's eyes who were already on her.

"Then upfront we have Foden, Kane and..." Southgate paused as Mason as Fallon looked up at him.

"Abraham."

Tammy shrugged looking at Fallon before looking at Mason - who were both burying their faces in their hands, full of embarrassment.

Southgate chuckled, "What's up Fal? Mase?" The coach wondered looking at the two players.

"I'm not even gonna say anything." Fallon gulped as Clara laughed. "Basically the two had betted that whoever got in the starting line-up the other person would have to wear their shirt."

"Ah." Southgate shook his head as the other players started to laugh.

The subs headed out onto the pitch - putting their bibs on, and sitting in the audience just near the pitch, with the other coaches.

"There's no way in hell I'm wearing your shirt." Fallon complained as she sat down a down from Mason, Scarlet sitting with her.

"There's no way in hell I'm wearing your shirt" Mason mocked, chuckling.

Fallon sighing as she looked over at Scarlet, "Don't get me involved in this I'm just on Instagram."

"I wouldn't mind wouldn't mind wearing your shirt to be fair." Mason added as Fallon frowned, gagging.

"Shut the fuck up." Fallon moaned stressfully played with her hair.
"Can you say something nice to me for once?"

"Alright then ..." Fallon sighed as she stared straight onto the pitch, waiting for something to come to her.

"Maybe you like wearing the psg shirt because it's actually a nice colour of blue?" Suggested Fallon as Scarlet bursted out in laughter.

"What happened to you not listening?"
"I still have ears that automatically use themselves sorry."
Fallon and Scarlet laughed as Mason spoke up.

"So Chelsea's colour of blue isn't nice?" Said Mason as Fallon rolled her eyes. "I didn't mean it like that, but think what you want."

"Today we have an England and San Marino match. Ferguson, Mount, Alexander-Arnold, Sancho, Burns and Hardy all seen on the bench for todays match. It's bound for Gareth Southgate to make some changes by halftime with these young talents on the bench."

The commentator stated as the group of footballers who were sat on the bench showed up on the big screen.

Within minutes the two teams were coming out of the tunnel, and the national anthems were being sang.

With Kane meeting with San Marino's captain, Simoncini, the two flipped a coin, the ball being tipped to San Marino for the start of the match.

"San Marino are starting with the ball?" Frowned Scarlet from the sub-bench.

"Nah. We'll just get the ball back, I mean Maya is on the pitch." Fallon reassured as the others nodded.

"Right, she has some secret rage and will probably slide tackle one of them players." Fin agreed making the others chuckle.

It wasn't soon before it was kickoff -  the San Marino players just passing the ball between themselves.

"I don't think Carter likes this - as she's made a run forward, breaking the 1-3-4-3 formation."

"That's a brave one." Mason chuckled as Fin shook his head, "It's Maya, what can she not do? She's basically another Fallon just 50 times nicer."

"So I'm not nice? Wowwww." Fallon teased as she laughed with Scarlet. "Oh you know what I mean Fallon."

"And Carter has intercepted, now passing to Saka who is running at a pace into the box."

"That's my Maya." Scarlet smirked as interrupted, "Not 'my' she's our Maya." Smiled Fallon as the subs continued to watch on.

30 minutes in, Serena Wiegman showed up.

Serena had previously worked with the youngsters when they were playing for the youth team, but specifically the under 21s. She had worked with all of them - knowing how each of them players played an average match. Serena had been talking with Gareth for awhile now in fact she was the one who suggested the young players to Gareth in the first place so they could get their first call ups. But it was only recently that they had started working together.

And of course Fallon was the first to notice her favourite youth coach.

"Serena!!" Fallon shouted excitedly before getting up and running to give her a hug. The other players following behind her as they all joined for a group hug.

"Aw Fallon!" Serena smiled happily giving all the players some hugs. "How've you all been?"

"Good, good." The players all responded as the sound of the crowd roaring got the players attention.

"Lovely play from James, to Bellamy, the two Chelsea youngsters linking up, something Tuchel would've loved to see."

As Clara ran in the box with the ball she looked behind her - spotting Harry Kane who was nodding.

"And it's Kane, he took the shot... and it's in!!"

Harry celebrated in the corner, the players running up behind him. "That was a screamer wasn't it?"

Serena chuckled as she looked at the players happily.

"Listen I'd love to chat with you all maybe after the match, but Gareth wanted me to get Fallon, Mason and Trent to warm up."

Announced Serena the players nodding before the three made their way down to start warmups.

"Alexander-Arnold, Ferguson and Mount, making their way down."

With Fallon, Mason and Trent all exchanging looks they all started warmups - and until half time the three were still doing warmups, before heading into the team's changing room.

"The match has started with England dominating San Marino in ball possession and it ended like that aswell. It's 1-0 to England."

"Everyone sit down, relax, drink some lucozade, but please listen to me." Gareth said as the players all nodded.

"I don't have much to say to be honesty, we're doing pretty well out there and I think that you have to be more adventurous with the passing."

Gareth said as he looked around at the players who were sat staring at him.

"For example if you have the ball in the box, but there are two many defenders in your way for you to shoot, make a cross. Alright? Be confident."

Southgate said to his players, his voice echoing loudly in the room as the players nodded. As the players one-by-one started to the tunnel - getting ready for the second half to start.

————————————————————

stan fallon ferguson for clear skin loves😋❤️‍🔥

-lex🥂