+ What if: Harry Lived with Emmanuelle and Sirius? [Part 4.75]

Start from the beginning

Emmanuelle fell silent. Seeing her mother's stunned look, she continued, "Harry told Theodore to stay away from me, not that it worked though. Aren't you at least going to tell him off about it?"

"Harry was wrong for doing that, and I'll talk to him about it," Emmanuelle spoke. "But, Carina, that doesn't mean that he doesn't have a –"

"Un-fucking-believable!" Carina threw her hands in the air.

"Carina Emmanuelle Black! You watch your language when you are talking to me!"

"Of course, you'd say that. Harry does something wrong. He gets a long lecture and then a slap on the hand! Me? I do something wrong and I'm grounded – I get detention, I pay the consequences!"

"That's not fair! You know that what you do in Hogwarts is wrong – the pranks, the fights –"

"Yet, Harry does something stupid that gets himself in trouble and he gets a congratulations when we get home! He says that he doesn't look for trouble, and that trouble finds him. Biggest lie of the century."

The raising of the mother and daughter's voices caught the attention of Sirius who just came from Buckbeak's room and came into see what was wrong. He was surprised when he saw Carina and Emmanuelle screaming at each other from each side of the room about Harry. Carina and Emmanuelle never fought like this, in fact, Carina never raised her voice at any of them. So, to see her doing so was a huge shock.

"What's going on?" Sirius closed the door behind him.

"What's going on," Carina said, her gaze never leaving her mother's. "Is that Harry gets the free pass to everything – school, friends. But me? I have to go through a bloody screening before I could be friends with anyone!"

"Carina," Sirius began. "Is this about Theodore Nott?"

She had a sarcastic look of expectance. "See, I didn't even need to say his name! It's clear as day that you're bothered by the fact that I'm friends with him."

"Only because Nott Sr. is a Death Eater," Emmanuelle reasoned out.

"Yet the boy who claims to have attacked Mr. Weasley isn't being questioned?"

"Carina!" Sirius hissed. "You know that whatever is happening to Harry isn't in his control. And the only reason why we are worried about Nott is because Harry saw his father in the graveyard!"

"But that doesn't mean he's one of them! He is my best friend. He and Roman are my friends! Harry gets Hermione and Ron, and you don't question them! You would let them enter the house without question. But me, I ask if I could have my friends over and you would say 'we'll think about it'! it's bloody unfair!"

"Think about the situation, Carina," Emmanuelle said sternly. "The safety of our family."

"I know and I understand that!"

"If you do then why are you still going on about this? Why are you still screaming at us?"

"Because for once, I want you be on my side! I punch Ron for calling Roman a rude name, and I get punished. Harry threatens my friend, and he gets a slap on the wrist – I don't think that's fair. Half of the detentions I get are favors from Harry – distractions so he could do something stupid – but he's not grounded when we get home! He even acts as if he didn't have a hand in it! It has always been him!" Carina wiped the tears that she did not realize were falling from her eyes. She tried to hide it, but she knew that her parents already saw. When her mother tried to approach her, she stepped back, stopping Emmanuelle.

"Even back at our old school. Harry gets the special treatment while I'm the runt of the litter," she let out a cynical laugh at the implication of the unintended pun. "Harry does something stupid, it's expected because he's a boy with a troubled past. I do something stupid, I'm a bloody nightmare. Harry breaks about fifty school rules he gets a bloody award, I break ten and I get Snape tries to get me expelled. He drives a bloody car to school and he doesn't even get a bloody Howler, and I do when I do something."