44

M A R I A  S A M A N T H A

There's no party tonight so I'm totally free, I could stay longer than usual in the office to work. It's like I'm complaining though, I love my work. It's just easy as one two three. Plus, I get to spend time with Calum.

The problem is, he is so quiet at work than in parties he attends, I wonder what's wrong? I wanted to asked him but it may be turning out rude and I might turn out as a gossip girl or some sort.

It's exact 3 pm when I got to the building, I greeted the receptionist who I got the name and she's Jenna, she's a good person I talked to her once. I made my way to the empty elevator, to be honest sometimes elevators scares me, when I'm alone I feel like it would stop and I'll get trapped in it forever.

"Hey," I breathed out as I entered his office, he was tapping on his phone and he just gave me a look then back on his phone again.

I don't know but there's some days that he's cold then there's some days he's all bubbly and happy.

His telephone rang and I ran over it to answer.

"Hello?" I said in a polite tone.

"Hi, who is this?"

"Samantha, Mr. Hood's PA."

"Oh, uhm, can you tell Calum that I'll come over and drop Henry?"

"Oh, okay. Mam, will you tell me your name?" I asked politely.

"Maura." She said and hang up.

"What was that?" Calum asked quite uninterested and out of the mood.

"A woman named Maura will be coming over bringing a dude named Henry and will be dropping the guy here."

"What?" He panicked. "I hate babysitting that child." He groaned.

"Then I'll do it." I said simply.

"Oh trust me you shouldn't. He's annoying."

"I like kids." I shrugged. "I get along with them." I said, but more like bragging.

"Is that so? Let's see." He smirked and laid down on his big chair again.

"How's life Calum? A life being a CEO?" I asked and he sighed.

"Hard and not fun."

"Why?" I raised my eyebrows as I focused my eyes on him, trying hard not to blush at the view.

"I can't do what I want, I'm always here, I don't have a lot of friends, wait, actually, I think I don't even have a friend. Well, Niall because he's some business partner." He said, murmuring the last words and he looked cute. God damnit.

"Oh, uhm, maybe that explains why you're so cold. No offense." I chuckled nervously and he just sighed deeply.

He was about to speak when we both turned to the door because a knock was heard, the person immediately came in, showing a blond woman with a kid in her arms.

"Can you take care of Henry, Calum? I don't know or have some available other person to babysit Henry."

"What can I do?" Calum sighed, Maura smiled and immediately came out in the room. I looked over to Henry with his arms crossed with a grumpy look on his face. Then I looked over to Calum and he's just reading some magazine.

"I want to be with grandma." Henry whined and I sat beside him. "And who are you?" He raised his eyebrows.

"I'm Samantha, Hi Henry." I smiled widely.

——

i forgot niall'sbrother's son's name so i named it henry lol yeah ok