05 ✔

C A L U M   T H O M A S

"Are you sure about this, Mr. Hood?" Ray, my private guard, asked as I lend him some nerdy clothes that picked, I looked around, anxious that people might see me.

To be frank, what I'm doing is very...well, pathetic and unnecessary. 

"Shh, don't call me that. Call me Thomas."

Why am I doing this? I don't even know myself.

He just sighed and looked at the clothes on his arm and some vans.

"Aren't these already a lot?" He said, well, basically complained. I chuckled at his getting impatient expression.

"Do I look okay in those clothes?" I asked him and he just nodded. Wow, I sounded like a girl.

"Why are you doing this?" He asked again as we walked to the counter and I wore my glasses.

"I don't know," I answered truthfully, but then decided to spill some lie. "Mr. Hood can't be close to anyone and have attachments, you know that, everyone knows that." I explained. He raised his eyebrows.

No, I think that isn't a lie, maybe part of some truth too.

"Uhm, you're still Calum?"

"Ray, the point in this is for everyone not to know that I am Calum. They can't know. Plus, when I'm Thomas, I'm free. And alone." I added and he just squinted his eyes.

"Whatever you say, Mr. Hood- Oh, I mean Thomas." He grinned playfully. "But seriously, when will you stop doing that?"

"Doing what?" I asked innocently, then he groaned. "Okay, okay. Keep it easy, Ray."

I suddenly stopped laughing when I saw her, just a few aisles away from me. Her eyebrows furrowing as she look on two pieces of clothing, same kind, but different colored cardigans.

"Pay this and go home, I'll just text you when you're gonna pick me up." I whispered and walked away, leaving Ray alone and approaching her, she seems surprised of my presence but then immediately smiled.

"Oh, hi Thomas." She smiled. "Nice to see you here." She added then putting her attention again on the rack full of colored cardigans. I looked on the ground.

"Yeah, um, you too." I mumbled, back and forth on my heels. She looked at me and laughed.

"What's wrong?" She asked and I shook my head, walking a few steps closer to her.

"Nothing, why?" I almost stuttered, god, only Samantha can make me feel like this.

Samantha, why?

I don't even know, I really liked her ever since the first day I've been going to that school.

"Thomas, what do you think, green or blue?" She asked, lifting up 2 cardigans from the rack.

"Blue's nicer," I mumbled and she nodded.

"Ya think?" She asked once more and I nodded. "Okay then, I'm gonna buy this."

I followed her as we made our way to the counter.

"Thomas, is Calum strict and mean like what I have heard from people?" She asked then looked at me as we walked. I raised my eyebrows.

"They said that?" I asked back, quite shocked and offended but that's fine.

"Yeah, is that true?"

"I don't know, we're not close. We don't talk much." I shrugged.

People think I'm strict and mean? Yeah, I accept and admit that I'm kind of strict but mean? I'm not mean. I may be strict but I'm not mean. That kinda offended me.

I guess people are really just plain mean and judgmental.

"Thom?"

"Oh, yes, sorry, why?" I quickly apologized as we got to the counter.

"What's wrong?" She asked with concern on her voice and I smiled, shaking my head.

"It's nothing, and Samantha, my brother isn't mean. He may be strict but he isn't mean." I defended and she nodded her head.

"I'm nervous, you know?" She bit her lip that fucking turned me on.

"Don't be, he's a good person. I swear." I smiled. "We may not be close but I swear he's a good person."

"Good to hear that from you." She laughed. "You know, you both really looked like each other."

"I get that a lot."