01 ✔

M A R I A   S A M A N T H A

"Luke, I got the job!" I said happily through the phone, when I got out of the huge ass building where I'm gonna soon work at.

"What? Really? That's great!" He laughed. "Mr. Hood is hard to impress." He added and I heard some clattering of plates, maybe he is washing the plates at home or just finished eating.

"I didn't even do anything big or significant, he just asked my name then I got in." I chuckled, looking to my left and right as I search for a taxi to fetch me.

"Maybe he thinks you're beautiful that's why."

"Eh, I don't think so." I laughed, shrugging even Luke doesn't see me. "So where are you? Can we meet?" I asked excitedly and I heard Luke's faint laugh on the line.

"I'm at home, I'll pick you up at 3."

"Yeah, that's good." I grinned. "I gotta go, Luke. Bye."

Luke, he's basically my everything. He's the person who knows me best, and the person I tell everything to. No, he's not my boyfriend, I guess you can call us...siblings from different parents.

"Ms. Johnsons!" I heard a girl call my name and I swiftly turned to the direction of the voice.

I turned back and saw the girl from earlier, Mr. Hood's secretary. Man, she's beautiful. I guess every other worker I saw in this building are gorgeous. 

She walked up to me and gave me a small piece of paper, I raised my eyebrow in confusion and looked up to the girl who just gave me a small smile.

"What's this?" I asked politely, I opened up the folded paper to see numbers.

"It's Mr. Hood's number, text him because he forgot to ask a few things to you." She replied, still the small smile plastered on her face.

"Oh, why won't he just summon me back there?"

"He has a meeting."

"Oh." I mumbled. "Okay, I'm gonna text him when I get home." I smiled and put the paper on the back case of my phone, where it's surely safe.

I hailed a taxi cab and jumped in, I was silent the whole ride. Well, I am alone. I'm only talkative when I'm around people, I guess. I'm bored, I wish Luke was around. I grabbed my phone and texted Lucas.

Me: Lucas?

Luke: Maria.

Me: Oh no, please don't use Maria, it's annoying me.

Luke: Why? Your name is beautiful. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Me: Wow, I felt the sincerity of your compliment.

Me: Can we go now? I'm fucking bored.

Luke: Yeah me too, where are you?

Me : Going home.

Luke: Just text me when you got home, okay?

I sighed and put my phone back in my bag again, I stared outside of the window of the car as I'm I'm on a music video then it started to rain. I remembered the piece of paper and got my phone again, I'm putting Mr. Hood's number in my contacts.

Wait, what would I name him? I don't even know what's his first name is, I'm such an idiot for not asking.

So I just typed 'Mr. Hood'.

  ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ 

When I got home, Luke was already on my doorstep, his full attention on his phone, he must've been playing games when I was gone,  I laughed at the sight of the lanky boy.

"Thank god, I've been here for like, 5 minutes!" Luke exclaimed and I laughed punching him on the shoulder. "Ow, what the hell was that for?" He whined.

"Nothing." I bit my lip, trying not to laugh.  "You're so whiny, 5 minutes isn't a long time." I rolled my eyes as I rummaged on my bag for keys. Luke crossed his arms and watched me as I open the front door.

"So, have you heard that Thomas nerd back at school?"

"What about him?" I looked at Luke, Thomas is the new nerd that transferred to our school, and I accidentally happened to know that his father bought the school and is the new owner.

"The teachers say that he is very intelligent and that he can build his own company using his intelligence." Luke retold the compliments he must've heard on the office.

"Really? Well, that's what we expect from nerds." I shrugged. "Nerds tend to focus on their studies because they usually don't have a lot of friends to waste their time to."

"Yeah." Luke hummed, putting his hands on the pockets of his tight ass jeans. I nodded my head and opened the door, walking inside and Luke following behind.

"Oh shit, I still need to text Mr. Hood." I cussed and rummaged on my bag again for my phone.

"Why?" Luke asked, tilting his head on the side, looking at me hands as I basically dig inside my bag for my lovely phone.

"He's gonna ask me a few questions on text." I answered simply, then finally got a hold of my phone.

"That's just a segway, he just wants your number." He joked and I nudged him on the ribs. "Ow...Bitch."

I rolled my eyes. I started to text him.

Me: Hi, Mr. Hood. It's me, Maria Samantha Johnsons.

"Do you really have to type your full name?" Luke popped from behind and I glared at him.

"I'm just being polite, get your nose out of my business." I sighed. Luke just walked towards the dining room and opened the TV, welcoming-ly letting himself in. Well, that's okay, it's like his second home, I don't really mind.

My phone vibrated and I looked. It was Mr. Hood.

  ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ 

I'm adding some scenes and sentences as I edit aaaaaaaa