03 ✔

M A R I A  S A M A N T H A

Sunday. Luke is still asleep on the couch when I woke up the next morning, his mother didn't mind that he sleeps here in my home. She even thought that Luke and I are in a relationship, but we're not. 

I chuckled and got a piece of paper, writing a note for Luke and I left it on the counter, knowing he will go to the kitchen first when he wakes up. Typical Luke.

'Luke, I'm at the coffee shop on the corner if you're gonna look for me, I'll be there. - Sam'

After that, I changed clothes and brushed my teeth, going for a mini jog then to the coffee shop. The day was like any usual day that I always see, bright sun, some other joggers, empty streets and quiet places.

Finally, I got to the shop and ordered my usual coffee and sat on my usual table. Wow, I overused 'usual'.

I sighed and slightly panted as I catch my breath because of the jogging, I'm exhausted. 

I looked around and the coffee shop is a little crowded, wow, this is unusual. I looked for some familiar faces or people that maybe I know.

But this boy caught my eye.

Thomas, the nerd at school.

I stared at him for like, 5 seconds then he looks my way, when he saw me staring he looked down. He looks so innocent, so cute.

Wait, what? Lol at myself.

I don't know what came to my mind but I sat on his table, he wasn't even speaking.

"Thomas, right?" I asked and he nodded.

I looked into his eyes, it's like I've seen it somewhere before, he looks familiar, but I don't know where I've seen it.

"I'm Maria, hi." I smiled and he gave back the smile.

"I know." He chuckled, still looking down on his fingers, which are fidgeting. Is he nervous?

"You know, you look familiar." I squinted my eyes at him, trying to remember who was he familiar with.

"I'm the nerd at school." He laughed and sighed, he must've get that a lot and just learned to ride along with it.

"No, I mean like, I've seen you outside the school, like in crowded places." I explained with a small laugh and he raised his eyebrows.

"I don't actually socialize much." He mumbled.

"Oh, maybe I'm wrong, sorry." I mumbled.

"Maybe."

Then my coffee and his came, and we ordered the same coffee.

  ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ 

short short shot, hi hi hi