26

M A R I A  S A M A N T H A

"Samantha!" I heard Luke's familiar voice from afar. I turned and saw him still in his soccer uniform.

It's now lunch break and I waited on our usual seat on the canteen. I skipped the girls’ thing Melissa and the gang have today and they said they totally understood. I still haven't told them about the bet, I wonder if they knew?

"Sorry, I'm late." He breathed out when he sat on his chair. "Where's Thomas?"

"I don't know." I answered like quite out of the mood. I still don't know how I will ask Luke about the bet thing.

"Are you okay? You seem like, out of the mood." He asked and I grinned internally. He knew me so well. "Sam?"

"No, I'm fine. It's just...my head kind of hurts." I lied, biting my lip. He gave me an unconvinced look.

"Samantha," he practically whined.

"Luke, it's nothing, really." I assured. I still don't want to ask it, I think I'll just ask him when we got home.

"Just tell me. What is it?" He said firmly. I raised my eyebrows.

"I just, I don't know how I will ask it, it's kind of...ugh, I don't know." I rambled and stuttered, he gave me a confused look.

"Just tell me."

"I heard Ashton and Michael made a bet about me." I blurted out. Luke suddenly become pale.

"W-where have you heard that?"

"I heard them talking in the locker room." I mumbled. "Luke, what is that bet all about?"

"Michael and Ashton have a bet that when Ashton will have sex to you the other night," Luke started and my jaw dropped. They what? "Michael will give him $1000 and when Ashton didn't, he'll give Michael the exact prize." Luke explained and I felt tears brimmed on my eyes. "Samantha, I'm-"

"So you know about this and you didn't even told me? God, I look like an idiot." I said in pure disappointment. "I thought you're completely honest with me the whole time and you hid this to me? How could you?" I said and I was now crying, other people in the cafeteria are now looking at me but I don't care.

"Sam, it was-"

"Good thing Calum saved me there!"

"I wasn't a part of it, okay? I just know. They told me." Luke explained quickly and I scoffed.

"And you didn't told me, I look so stupid, god." I groaned.

"Samantha, I'm so-"

"No, save it, Luke." I spat, standing up on my seat.

Running out of the cafeteria, I quickly grabbed my phone and made a message to Thomas.

Me : I need you. Where are you? Now I know what it was all about.

Thomas : I was sent home.

Me : What's your address?

Thomas texted me his address, I walked out of the school premises and hailed a cab going to Thomas'.

---

poor sam :---(

oh and shit, I forgot the blurb sHE WAS SUPPOSED TO HATE CALUM WTF