40

L U K E  R O B E R T

"Ugh, god. I'm not doing that again." I said to myself as I drank all of my drink at once, it burned my throat. I don't even know what I drank.

My mind's running in circles, so many thoughts but mostly about Samantha. Why won't she like me? Am I not enough? What does Calum have that I don't have? But still, I'm thankful we are still friends, it's better friends than strangers, right?

God, why does she have to occupy my mind every goddamn time?

"Luke!" I turned around and saw Samantha all giddy and smiley, I immediately knew what was going on. "Luke! Let's have a tea party!" She said like a child asking for gifts on Christmas.

"Samantha, no, I need to get you home."

"What? Why? It's like 7 pm."

"Uhm, Sam actually it's already 12 in the morning." I chuckled. "And you're drunk off of your ass." I sighed.

"No, I'm not. I'm just...tipsy." She slurred and I sighed.

"C'mon let's get you home." I lifted her up bridal style and took her out of the house. I didn't even bothered to find the others to say goodbye, all in my mind right now is Samantha's safety.

"Luke, put me down, I can manage." She said softly and I obeyed immediately. God, we need to hail a taxi to get home. I'll just get my stuff next time when I see Cassie.

I sighed in frustration because there's no taxi, I inclined on the nerest tree and Samantha was just silent in my side. I looked at her and she's staring into blank space.

"Are you okay?" I asked her and she looked at me, her lips curled into a frown and her eyes so sad, then looked again on the ground.

"Why won't he like me?" She suddenly spoke up and looked at me, the frown still on her face.

"Am I not enough?" She whispered walking towards me, I took a step back but I'm in the dead end. I'm completely stuck on the tree. She came closer and her face are inches away from mine.

"What should I do for him to like me?" She sighed then looked into my eyes. I looked in hers and it was glassy, like she's about to cry.

"I like him so much, Luke." She whispered, her breath fanning my face and I shivered at the contact. "What am I missing?" She spoke again and I was utterly speechless.

"Y-you're completely, perfectly fine Sam. You're not missing anything." I managed to speak and she chuckled and pecked on my lips, my eyes widened. "God, Samantha you're drunk, let's walk home."

"But my feet hurts." She whined, I knelt down and removed her black heels.

"Ride." I said to her gesturing to my back, she giggled.

"I love piggyback rides." She said like a child and I laughed.

"I know you do." I stood up from the ground and started walking.

"Are you okay with me on your back? I don't want to be such a bother to you." She whispered in my ear and I shrugged.

"It's fine." I smiled.

"I love you Luke." She mumbled, I sighed.

"I love you too." I whispered back, I looked over to myside and she's already asleep, snoring slightly.

"Oh, Samantha." I breathed out and looked at the bright moon in the sky.

—-

luke's so sweet awh