38

M A R I A  S A M A N T H A

"Hi Luke- why are you dressed?" I asked when I entered his room. He's dressed in his usual skinny jeans and black shirt, sitting on his hospital bed. "You're ready to leave?"

"Yes, the doctor said I could leave now. Fun, right?" He grinned. "I can come with you to the party."

"Yeah." I smiled. "Does Michael and Melissa visited you?"

"Yeah, they left like, 30 minutes ago." He nodded his head and I mirrored his gestures. "When will we leave?"

"We'll wait for Cassie, she'll pick us up here."

"Speaking of Cassie, Samantha. I don't like her." He frowned and my heart dropped.

"She likes you, like a lot." I explained and he shook his head like a child not given a toy car on Christmas.

"All she wants is sex."

"No, she likes you, seriously. She blushes and gets shy around you. If sex is the only thing she wants she could've just told you, right?" I sighed, running my hands through my hair in frustration.

"Just give her a chance, bud."

"Says the one who didn't gave me a chance." Luke scoffed.

"Luke, we're over this." I sighed. "I like someone else, Luke."

"Who?" He said, completely frustrated.

"Since your my bestfriend I'll tell you-"

"It's Thomas, isn't it?" He breathed out and I sighed.

"No."

"His brother?"

"Yes."

Luke just took a deep sigh. "Lucky guy."

"I promise Luke there is someone out there meant for you, it's just not me." I assured and he just rolled his eyes.

"Oh hey guys, why is Luke dressed?" Cassie spoke up and we both looked at her. She is wearing a simple blue dress and she looked absolutely stunning.

"Luke can go home, it means he's going to the party too." I grinned and she smiled.

"Okay then, let's go guys." She nodded her head, I helped Luke carry his other bag that he said he can carry himself but I insisted to carry it myself.

We got to the garage and put Luke's bags there for a while, I sat on the passenger seat and Luke stayed on the back seat, I insisted him to seat on the passenger's seat but he said he'll sit in the backseat.

We got to the Horan's 5 minutes later, the outside of his (huge) house is full of branded cars and expensive lamborghinis.

"Do we even belong here?" I laughed as the two shrugged and we went inside the house.

We saw some random faces and a few familiar ones, the ones we saw always at parties. I wonder where's Melissa and the others.

"Samantha?" I heard someone spoke from my side and saw Calum, I blushed because he is wearing his jeans and band shirts, and good thing the place is kinda dark.

"Hey, Calum." I said casually and he smiled.

"I see you're with Luke and- hey, I met you once at a party, remember?"

"Oh, the night you were looking for Samantha." Cassie nodded her head with a smile.

"What? You we're looking for me?" I blushed looking over to him. Luke was oddly silent. And I know why.

"Yeah, because I...wait, I actually forgot why." He said scratching the back of his neck.

"Ooh, I smell something fishy." Cassie winked and I blushed, Calum was nowhere.

"It's nothing, I swear." I laughed, nudging her.