Chapter One Hundred Sixty

Spencers POV

We've been back at the compound for a few months now and it's been good.

       We're a married couple now, but we kind of always acted married, I guess, so not much has changed around the compound with everyone.

       I mean, it means something more to me and I think it's different, better. But you can't expect other people to feel that way. Not that they have to?

      I'm not even sure what I'm talking about. Sorry.

      Let's get back on track.

       I am back to tattooing at my little shop, fully opening it up. My client base is starting off well, word of mouth has been very helpful in getting me new customers.

       A happy customer will tell their friends and thankfully I've had a lot of happy customers.

      I'm enjoying it. It's nice getting back into something I know quite well and am good at. The tattoos are still pretty crazy but the people can be really cool.

      It's also given me something to do besides hang out with whatever team members aren't out on a mission when Nat is out on a mission.

      Which has been a lot since we've gotten back. Once again making up for some lost time, I think.

      It's her job, she's great at it, she loves it. She saves people, it's fantastic, she's fantastic.

      But I miss her.

      So I've come up with a little surprise for her.

      Okay maybe a big one.

Promise not to tell?

I guess I'll trust you, you've stayed pretty true so far.

I'm really hoping this is something Nat is really excited about instead of being upset about.

Actually, now that I think about it, it was kind of fun keeping you in the dark along with Nat..

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. All will be revealed to you as it's revealed to Natasha.

I'm finishing up a tattoo currently. (I know, you always time it just right to when I'm done with the tattoo instead of having to wait for the whole process. Lucky you.)

The lady is ecstatic with the polar bear king on her thigh.

I know, sometimes it's a good thing Nat doesn't see how close I get to some of these people.

Anyway, once the lady left, I checked my phone to see that I had a message from Nat saying she was on her way home from her mission.

So with a new found energy, I start closing up the shop, very ready to see my beautiful wife.

She's probably had a long day and wants to relax. So I'll try to beat her home so I can get her some food and such.

And hopefully, I'll be able to show her the surprise I have.

No, I am not trying to butter her up for the surprise. Just about everyday I try to have some kind of food ready for her with her favorite pair of (my) joggers and one of my hoodies she can change into. And a foot massage, of course.

Don't even say it. I know I'm already like a stay at home wife. I don't even care. I love doing this for Nat, especially knowing she's had a long day (or couple of days) and I can help her relax.