Chapter One Hundred Thirty Six

Spencers POV

We've been back in Russia for about a week.

It's been a lot of packing and trying to do things last minute before we leave.

Because we leave tomorrow.

I had my last tattoo today.

It's a really bittersweet moment as I finished filling in the ladies dragon mermaid. (Don't ask how it works, but it does).

It feels great to have accomplished so much here, to have built up such a (good) reputation for what I've been doing. To know my clientele valued my work so much that they kept on coming back.

But at the same time, it really fucking sucks.

This has been my home for the last couple of years. I've really grown to love and appreciate this town. It's where I truly got my fresh start.

I just never imagined that it would have such an impact nor would I have guessed where it would lead me to now: moving in to the avengers compound with my girlfriend, the black widow.

If you had told me that when I first got here.. well I probably would have thought you were insane or that I end up insane. Or that it was some crazy plot to trap me.

But instead.. I'm here. Standing in the entrance room where all my clients would tell me what they wanted, where I created their dream.

I'm soaking in the moment. All of the memories. Everything that started from this exact spot.

Maybe I shouldn't be emotional about it, but I am.

I'm taking deep breaths to attempt to keep the tears in.

That's when there's a hand on my shoulder.

"You did good work here, Spencer. I could not be more proud. This will always be your home, whenever you need or want to come back to it."

I tackle him in a big hug. Ok, more like he accepts my attempt.

"Thank you so much, Red." I hear him take a big breath at the sound of his old nickname. "You didn't have to take a chance on me, but you did. I don't know where I would be now if you didn't."

"Probably out at some karaoke bar, drunk," he jokes.

I laugh. "Yeah, you're probably right." It would probably be worse than that, but we won't go there.

I pull away from the hug, letting this be the final goodbye to the place.

    That's when I hear the door open and turn around to be greeted by Yelena, Melina, and Natasha.

     "Hey, bub. We just wanted to stop by for your last day." I hug Nat as she walks in.

     "We have desserts!" Yelena proclaims as walks up to hug me too.

     "You know the way to my heart," I say, grabbing the food once I hug Melina.

     "It's not hard to figure out, dear," Melina says.

     "Ouch. I'm truly wounded," I place a hand on my heart, playing it up. Nat gives me a look.

      But they laugh.

      "I'm really going to miss this place. And you both. I can't thank you enough for what you've done for me."

      "Thank you, Spencer," Melina says, putting the emphasis on 'you.'