Chapter One Hundred Forty Four

Spencers POV

Nat takes my arm as we walk out the door and to my Bronco that I had teleported here earlier.

"You teleported your Bronco?"

"I sure did," I start walking us over to the passenger side, "everything for you." I open the door and help her inside, closing it once she's in.

I walk behind the vehicle, stopping for a brief moment to take a deep breath.

I'm about to do something that will hopefully change our lives for the better.

I'm about to do the most important thing I have ever done.

——————————————————————————

Nats POV

I only sit waiting for Spencer to get in her car for a moment.

She looks a little rattled as she gets in, but smiles at me. I won't let that get to me.

She starts it up, taking my hand once we're in gear and moving.

She's very focused on the road so I let myself focus on her. The suit she has on is.. perfection covering perfection.

I love the suit.. but her? I could never get enough. I'm practically drooling as I let my thoughts wander to what's underneath her finely tailored suit.

Before I dive too far, I stop myself.

I realize it's pitch black around us. I hadn't realized it had gotten so dark. The only light we have being emitted from the front lights of the Bronco. It illuminates some trees and bushes as we slowly crawl forward.

"Um.. why're we in the woods?"

She smiles once again, making me smile.

"You'll see." Then she turns back to the road.

The black widow in me says I should be worried.

But I know I can trust Spencer with everything.

——————————————————————————

Spencers POV

I can tell that driving through the woods really threw Nat, but she'll see all in due time.

Actually right about..

Now.

I reach our intended spot and stop the vehicle.

Nat speaks up again, "Spence, what are we doing?"

"You'll see." I don't let myself talk anymore, knowing just a bunch of word vomit would come out and I don't want to ruin this.

I just get out of the car, walking over to Nats side and open the door for her. I offer her my hand and she takes it.

I walk us to the front of the car just as the car lights go off.

"Um.."

And that's when I use the remote in my pocket to turn on the lights I have hooked up to a generator.

 (I also press another button, but that's for later.)

They're strung randomly on the trees that hang over us, creating an arch.