Chapter One Hundred and Two

Thanks for 10,000💙

                                    Spencers POV

       It's been another two weeks that I've been at the compound. It's still weird to think that I'm here and have been living with the avengers.

       But I need to get home. Don't get me wrong, I've loved getting to see this side of Nat. It's been great getting to know some more of her friends and family and reconnecting with some friends myself.

       I do have a job to get back to, though. I've left Alexei alone for about a month now, I have appointments I need to make up and to get back on schedule. My house has been sitting there by itself. Alexei and Melina have checked up on it for me, letting me know everything is okay. But still.

We luckily don't have any plants as neither Yelena nor myself have a green thumb.

       And I've made Yelena stay back here too.

       So yeah, I have been soaking up all of this extra time with Nat, but this was never the plan. I was never suppose to stay here.

       I'm glad they know who I am now and we've worked through everything. I'm good with the avengers and I'm free. I'm so grateful for that, I couldn't have asked for a better outcome.

But this, here, living with the heroes? It's not me. I'm not a hero. I was never meant to be one.

       I know Nat is hoping I'll stay, that she wants me to be an avenger with her. And as much as I'd love to stay with her, this is hers. These people are her family, this is what she is meant to do. She is so good at this. But it's not me.

She is incredible at what she does and I would never ask her to leave it, but I'm not meant to be apart of it.

       This is something I have to tell Nat before I go, and I am really not looking forward to this conversation, but it's about time I do.

I know I should have before now, I didn't think it would go this long. I expected to be out of here once I was cleared by Bruce and they had the stone.

And yes, I'm sure I could have left sooner, but once they thought I could help figure out the stone, I had to give it a chance.

So I've been waiting for Tony and Bruce to find something substantial with the rock. I still haven't let them do any tests on me.. I don't know if I ever will be able to. But I've been working with them as much as possible, though.

      They've watched me train with Wanda once, trying to figure out how my powers work, how they're different than hers. How they interact with the stone, or come from the stone, or from me from the stone.

I don't really know, but we still haven't had much progress. Beyond the fact that I'm gaining more control over whatever it is, the answers are out of reach. And I can't keep waiting to reach them.

I've kept busy beyond waiting around, of course.

      Wanda and I have trained a few times over the two weeks. Whenever Nat isn't in a meeting, I tend to find her training on one side of the room while myself and Wanda are on the other.

      I'd like to think it was just so she can see me training, but I think she's worried about something happening between Wanda and I. But nothing ever will. Though I kind of get where her worry was coming from, I thought we worked through it. And it hurts knowing she doesn't trust me.

      We just train like we would if she wasn't there, anyway. Wanda and I never really talked about what happened, but nothing else like it has or will happen again. It hasn't been awkward or weird.