Chapter Twenty One

Yelenas POV

   "Hell no."

   "Awe, why not? It'll be fun?" She calls from her room.

    We went back to her place, which was quaint. Not a lot of decorations. She lives simply. And no, we're not here for what you're thinking. She's trying to convince me to go to the karaoke bar that she had somehow found in this middle of nowhere town. I don't sing. No way in hell.

    I'm looking around at what little decorations she did have, so pretty much just what food she had in the kitchen. "I don't sing, sorry."

    She insisted that if we were going to drink that we bring her bike back and take a cab back out. I appreciated the fact she took our safety into account. It was kind of adorable how stern she was when I tried to insist we'd be fine. I eventually caved, knowing her point made sense.

   "Hey, if you heard me sing, you'd wish I wouldn't, but that doesn't stop me. Maybe it should. But they play the music loud enough where it doesn't matter."

    I am intrigued by the thought of her singing her heart out to.. what would she sing? I still hold my ground though. "I don't know it's not really my thing."

   She comes into view by standing in her doorway cleaning against the frame. "Okay. If you really don't want to, we can do something else or I can take you home. Though I do challenge you to just try it. If after one song you aren't enjoying people make asses of themselves, we can leave."

    I laugh at the thought. I can't help but smile at how she doesn't push me, making sure I'm comfortable with whatever we're doing. I mean she did go through all the trouble of planning this, it would be kind of rude to not go.

     I roll my eyes for affect but I'm smiling so. "I suppose I could give it a try."

   "Yes," she throws her hands up in excitement. "You won't regret it." She does the double finger point to me as she backs into her room. She comes back out a minute later, "ready?"

   "As I'll ever be."

   "Fantastic. The cabs here."

————————

    I like the vibe of this place. It has a good energy, and the people all seem to be having a good time. She's holding my hand again to make sure we stay together as she makes her way to a table. She ordered our drinks when she came in.

    Once again, they greeted her like she's been here before. I guess she doesn't stay home often.

    Not a minute after we sat down, the waitress brought our drinks, winking at Spencer before she left. Whatever, I'm just here to have fun. Though I thinking doing Spencer would be fun.. ?

   "So what song do you want to sing?"

   "What? No. I did not agree to a song."

   "You can't get the full experience if you don't sing!"

   "I think I can live with that."

    "Fine, but I'm going to sing. You'll be okay here?"

    "I'll manage."

    And with that she was off to the man in charge, putting word in for whatever song she had wished to sing. She comes back and sits down. "You ready for this?"

    I just look at her. But as the night went on and people belted their hearts out, I had to admit I was having fun.

    "Okay, so maybe I'll sing with you." The drinks were getting to me, okay?