Chapter One Hundred Fifty Nine

Spencers POV

       Our honeymoon lasted about two months. Luckily Fury loves both of us and was so extremely happy that we got married, he gifted Nat two whole months off.

        And boy, did we take advantage of that.

        Since we didn't need to worry about travel, we could spend some extra time in each place.

        We first went to Bali where we explored beaches and volcanoes and.. each other.

        A week in Sydney Australia was amazing; we never ran out of things to do or see.

        Another week in the Maldives, a week in Cape Town, then a week in Dubai.

        We explored Cuba and Tokyo each for a week as well.

        We made sure to see the sights, and get the souvenirs, to do a few touristy things. We went on adventures and experienced things that created memories that will last a life time.

        But we also made fantastic use of our amazing hotel rooms.

        Getting to stay in bed as long as we wanted, do whatever we wanted.. it's been an incredible dream.

        And for the last week, we've gone to Greece.

       I know, I know. It's where Carol and I lived together.

      But we did not stay in that house.

      I rented a little villa for us.

      Nat wanted to come here to see where I lived for a good chunk of time, even if it wasn't when I was with her.

       She wanted to know the place that taught me how to cook, that started to open me up to letting people in.

       (Okay, not like really, but sort of. To the effect I kind of had some friends here? Ugh, just go with it.)

       She knew I was in love with this place at one point and wanted to see it for herself.

       'Where I have lived and loved, she wanted to see.'

       So I got to show her all of the places I loved to visit, the things I loved to do, and of course, the food I loved to eat.

        Although Nat got to meet Athena and Nadia at the engagement party and then again at our wedding, it was nice to show her the restaurant.

        They even convinced me to join them in the kitchen to help cook the meal, once Nat insisted. She wanted to see me 'in action' with the person that taught me (most) of what I know now.

        And I have to admit, it was really fun getting to help them around the kitchen again; laughing and joking as we moved around the kitchen like a well oiled machine. It was like I had never left.

       Nat said it was fascinating to watch, even if she had no idea what we were saying most of the time.

        "Okay, that was impeccable, Spencer. And seeing the way you worked around that kitchen? Mm. It's giving me ideas."

       "Mm, care to share those ideas, love?"

       "I'd love to show you those ideas."

       Before I can make another comment, "How was the meal?"

       "It was incredible, thank you again, Athena. It's always a pleasure to get to cook with you."

       "Oh, you and your flattery. It was good to have you back cooking with us again. We've missed you."