Chapter Eighteen

Spencer's POV

      It's now been a couple months since my last stint at the bar, and I haven't had a drink yet. Not that I think I couldn't, but I feel so much better now. More alive. Healthier. It's a good feeling.

      I actually haven't gotten back into work just yet. Once I had a chance to really plan some stuff out, I figured if Thanos is out there, I don't need my name flashing around. So, until my ex- girlfriend kills the bastard, I'll stay low. Live off the bare minimum so I don't empty my accounts and just enjoy the small things for now.

       Obviously I haven't heard from Carol. And I don't honestly expect to. I think it's for the best though. It's helping me attempt to lick my wounds. Get back up on my own. Really figure out what I'm doing and who I am. It's a little cliché but sometimes it's just the shit you have to do.

      It kind of feels amazing to be on my own. In the sense that I'm working a normalish job, living in a regular house, doing some things I enjoy. I actually feel normal. And I like it.

      I always thought I had to live for the thrill of the chase, the theft, the money. But I've realized I don't need it, not really. I miss it, sure. It's just so engraved in me that it's hard to just let go. Though, I suppose I really haven't done that yet.

       Shut up. What else am I suppose to do? I like the normal but like I said, It's what I'm good at, what I'm use to.

       So I'm living like a regular ol' person until I think enough time has passed that I can come out of the woodwork. I'm good with this. It gives me goals for now and for the future. Sort of.

      Now you want to know my normal person job, eh? I like to branch out and try new things; make them my bitch, if you will. The more I can do, the more jobs I can take, the more money I can ask for.

      I think you'll like my new talent. It lets my creativity shine. People pay me good money. I get to meet some interesting people. I make my own schedule.

      Give up? Or did you figure it out?

      Enough with the suspense. I'm a tattoo artist. How did I become a tattoo artist? One learns to adapt quickly, to hone a skill as efficiently as possible to get the best outcomes. It's pretty much most of what I do.  Adapt, learn, overcome. I didn't say I was great at coming up with mantras, okay?

       I got my start tattooing myself. I quickly understood why people had so many of them. They're addicting. I have 3. So far. People love free tattoos so I was able to give some samples to practice as well.

      Soon enough I charmed my way into a local tattoo shop. It has a great reputation, figured it was fitting. The owner seemed a good dude. And like I said, he fell for my charms.

      Which should be highly spoken of because I did charm Athena and she's an angel. Just trying to remind you how good I can be.

       I'm actually walking to the shop now after I stopped for some tea. Still can't stand coffee. Just nasty.

       I have three appointments today then I'll stay after for a little bit for any walk ins that may come by. It's a super chill atmosphere which I love and so do the customers.

      I've got on a hoodie repping the shop along with some jeans. It was a little nippy out, and as you may recall, I like to be warm. The fact that I'm inside for my job and not out is besides the point.

      You want to know my location? Oh yeah, no. Nice try.

      "Hey Red." He use to be in the military. Likes the nickname. I don't mind using it.