Chapter Seventy Seven

Wandas POV

I can feel Spencer's pain right now. I hate seeing her like this. I'm just waiting for her to be ready to talk.

"I feel like I'm just creating problems here. It's clear there's a divide and I don't want to be the cause of that. I know how much Nat cares for you all. You're just as much her family as Melina, Yelena and Alexei. I know how important it is that they all accept me.. but I can't force them to or expect them to."

      "Oh, Spencer. We do accept you."

      "Not all of you."

      "The important ones do."

      She rolls her eyes at me.

      "You're all important. Especially to Nat."

      I realize she must have heard someone say something for her to believe she's causing problems. It also seems like she thinks that Nat would choose us over her. But I don't think she would. Definitely not all of us.

     I also don't think Nat would have to choose.

     "What did you hear?"

     "What?"

     "I'm assuming someone put these ideas into your head. So you heard someone talking or someone told you. Who was it?"

     She hangs her head in defeat. "I don't know. I just heard them talking in the kitchen. There were a few I didn't recognize. Maybe Bruce. Then it was Tony, Carol, Nat and Yelena arguing with them."

     She looks up at me with tears, "I don't want to be the reason Nat is fighting with her family, Wanda."

     She's so broken. Why does this poor girl have to keep trying to put her pieces back together?

     "Spence, they are fighting for you down there because they love and care about you. And you deserve to have people that do that for you. You don't have to fight by yourself."

     She nods her head but I can tell she isn't really hearing me.

     "Spencer."

     She looks right at me.

    "You deserve love. In the form of friendship and family and from Nat. Let them. I don't know who is downstairs trying to tear you down, but let us help keep you together. The other people don't know you. Yet. But don't give up. Especially for Nat."

      "I wasn't going to give up on us.. I was just going to leave. Go back home. Then they wouldn't have me in the way."

     "You aren't in the way." Alright. This bullshit is done. "Come on."

     "Where are we doing?"

     "Just teleport us to the kitchen."

    "But.."

     I give her my famous head tilt and the next thing I know, we're in the kitchen.

     Everyone has stopped talking and are looking at us.

     I see Tony, Yelena, Nat, Carol, Bruce, Bucky, Valkyrie, and Maria all standing around the table. When the fuck did they get here and why?

     It has to be Valkyrie and Maria that are questioning her right now. Why? I have no fucking clue.

     "Val, Maria. When did you get here and why the fuck are you against Spencer?"

     I can see Valkyrie eyeing Spencer and smirking. I guess she likes what she sees. But she won't give her a chance?

Ghost On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara