Chapter One Hundred

Nats POV

Thanks to us working together like a well oiled machine, we were back to the compound a little before dinner time.

As we flew into view of the building, we could tell it was still standing.

"Well, they didn't burn the place down," Clint says, coming up next to me.

"If something we're to happen, I don't think it would be her catching the place on fire," I tell him.

"Yeah. She would probably just eat all of the junk food. In fact, I'm sure with some persuasion from Morgan, they ate all of the candy in the building."

"Oh I seriously hope not." I'm already shaking my head at the thought of Morgan convincing Spencer to let her do just about everything and anything. The junk food is probably gone. Poor girl won't know how to say no.

"Actually, I'm sure Morgan talked her into whatever she wanted to do. I don't think Spencer knows what she's doing. She seemed a little intimidated," he says leaning against the wall.

"Well she barely had a childhood let alone have to take care of a child. She had to fight to make it herself," I say a little defensively.

He backs off the wall, raising his hands in defeat. "I know. I'm not saying she should know what she's doing. She just got thrown in there. I'm just curious to see if she's still functioning." By the end he has his arms crossed in front of him.

"I guess I am a little curious to see how it went too.." I let a small smile form as I think about her.

"Mhm. And are you mostly curious because you are genuinely worried about Spencer or because you want to know how she is with kids?" He has a smirk on his face.

"I'm not worried about Spencer.. I'm sure she is fine," It's all I'll say.

"Right. So you are curious about the kids thing. You know you could take her to meet Laura and the kids? Actually, I know Laura would love to meet her."

My head snaps over to him. "You told Laura?"

"I did. And she's a little hurt you didn't tell her yourself."

I hang my head. "I was going to tell her.."

"Uhuh. Well then, I would talk to her about Spencer. She would love to invite you two over for dinner."

"I will. First, let's make sure Spencer actually survived this."

"That would be important."

Just as we're saying that, the jet hand landed and the door was opening for us. I half expected Spencer to be waiting for us at the entrance, looking out for us to be home and save her.

Since she isn't, I'll just go on a hunt for my girlfriend and hope she isn't trapped in a room somewhere.

"Should we be worried they weren't here to greet us?" Tony says as he falls in step with me.

"No, I'm sure they're fine," I try to reassure Tony. "If anything, it's Spencer that we should be worried about."

"Yeah. I know Morgan would be alright. But her with Spencer?"

"I'm not sure it was your best idea, Tony."

"I didn't have much of a choice."

"Right. So, split up until we find them?" I offer.