Chapter One Hundred Eleven

Nats POV

"When I left her, she was about to eat lunch before her next tattoo appointment," Yelena answers him.

        "Huh. Okay. Right. Have you heard from her since you left? Or Nat? Any ideas?" He asks still acting a little panicked.

        "No, I haven't heard from her yet today," I tell him.

         "Haven't heard from her since I left, I'm sure she got busy with tattoo appointments. She made it sound like she was booked for the day," Yelena says. "I texted her earlier to let her know I was staying here. I wonder if she answered."

         She then looks around for her phone, finding it under some discarded take out containers.

         "Um, looks like she texted me back, but that was like 6 hours ago. And all she said was 'have fun, text me when you're ready.' With a heart emoji. Nothing since then."

         "Okay. No big deal or anything, but could you possibly try to get ahold of her? Either of you. Both of you."

        Now I'm getting worried. "What's up, Tony?"

        "What do you mean?"

        "You're acting weird. Why do you need to get ahold of Spencer?" I question.

        "Uh. Just.. miss her. That's all."

        "Don't lie to us Tony," Yelena beats me to it.

        "Okay. But don't freak out."

        "I'm about to freak out now if you don't tell us what the fuck is going on," I demand.

        "Alright. Well we were just down in the lab, trying to work out some things with the reality stone, minding our own business. Running some tests. It was in the container. And then it wasn't."

        "I'm sorry, what?" I'm a little confused.

        "Yeah one minute it was in the container and the next, gone."

        "Well, how could it have just disappeared? And are you even sure?" Yelena.

        "That's what we wondered. Also why we were hoping Spencer was here and could maybe explain that it was a prank or she was testing her skills. And, yes, very sure."

        "Yeah, if she was here that wouldn't be all that surprising. But since she's not, I'll call her," I say as I pull out my phone and wait for her to answer.

        She doesn't. "Huh. I would think she would be done tattooing by now but she could be driving?" I explain, trying not to spiral.

        "I'll try her," Yelena suggests.

        Still nothing.

        "Well, maybe she'll call us back in a bit."

        "Yeah, hopefully. Meanwhile we're just missing an infinity stone. No big deal," Tony says.

        "Well, maybe it'll come back? She could have tested her powers and it worked, so she returned it," I hope.

         "Bruce was suppose to tell me if it returned," Tony says shaking his head. "I'm just worried. If it was Spencer and especially if it wasn't."

         "Why would you be worried if it was Spencer?" Yelena asks.

          And then it clicks. She hasn't wanted to go near the stone since she initially left. She didn't want answers, she didn't want tests.