Chapter Ninety Eight

Spencers POV

      After Nat and I finished.. saying goodbye, she really did have to get ready for the mission.

      Which, apparently, just about everyone was going on.

      Thor and Valkyrie made a trip back to Asgard. Carol went to another planet.. not sure if it was a mission or because things were kind of weird for her.

      Some of the others don't live here, so I'm not entirely sure what they do or where they are, but that's not really my job.

      Nat didn't really say what this mission was for but it was taking just about everyone left here to go. Peter isn't included. Even though he practically seems to live here, that doesn't count.

      So I left her so she could go talk to Fury to go over the final plan and all that shit.

      I do have one saving grace though; Yelena.

      So glad she's still here. We can do some stupid shit or just watch movies or I don't care what we do because I just want to hang out with her.

     Plus, we'll have this whole damn compound to ourselves again. Last time the space wasn't really utilized and I have some ideas on how to remedy that.

      But first. I have to find out what she wants to do.

      So I knock on her door, "Yelena it's me, your favorite person." I smile and await for her to let me in.

     "It's open!"

     So I go in. She isn't in her room so she must be in the bathroom.

      I make myself feel at home and flop down on her bed.

     She's taking a little while so I just start talking.

     "So I don't know if you heard, but everyone is going on this stupid mission. It shouldn't take long but I guess everyone needs to go. I don't know what mission could possibly need them all, but whatever."

     I pause for a second and don't get a response so I ask, "can you hear me?"

     "Yes, keep going, I'm listening," she replies still from the bathroom. But she gets louder at the end so I assume she walked back out into her main room.

     "Okay, great. Well that leaves just us to ravage this ginormous building together and I have some ideas on how we can utilize the space. Of course if you want to go out again, we can do that too. I'm open to whatever your heart is telling us we should do."

      I finally stop my little speech and sit up so I can see her.

      She has a bag on the ground and she's going through some clothes that I'm assuming she took from Nat or she bought at some point while being here. Then she placed some of the clothes in said bag..

      Wait..

      "Why are you packing a bag? Where are you going? Did you want to go back home? You know you can tell me and I can just pop us right over there."

       "Uh, actually, I am going on a mission," she tells me, still looking at the closet.

       "Oh. Okay. Well, let me go pack a bag. I'm sure I can take some of Nats stuff because I still didn't get any clothes. I guess I didn't really expect to stay so long.."

       "Spencer," she interrupts me gently.

       "Yeah?"

       "Why would you pack a bag?"