Chapter Twenty Seven

Spencer's POV

                             Italics are in the past

   I'm at the avengers compound. Now I know what you're thinking; 'Why the fuck would you take a job that's against the avengers?'

      Well the answer is not so simple. It all began with that phone call..

      "We need you to get information for us."
      "Info on who?"
      "The avengers."
      "Uh wh-what kind of information?"
      "Anything you can get."
      "Why do you want it?"
      "We have our reasons."
      "And, uh who is this?"
      "Since when does the ghost ask so many           
       questions? Are you in for the job or not."
       "Fine. But I'm raising my price. It's triple."
       "Hell no. Double."
      Listen bud, you want me to put myself in the
       way of the avengers, you're paying triple."
       "You better get what we need."
       "I always do."

       So it sounds bad, I know. But if I don't do this job, they try to get someone else to do it? I can't let that happen. I don't like this either, okay? I shouldn't care about the avengers; they are still after me. Part of me can't help it. Yelena may have made me a tad soft.

       Plus if I do this, I make sure it takes a bit longer to get to the bad guys, check out the info myself. Get a sneak peak into what makes them tick. Hey! I have to protect myself a bit. This way maybe I can see what they have on me. It's good to know! Then if I have to run..

      No. I'm not going there yet. Not until there's some kind of proof on their end on my connection to Thanos. Until I see that, there's no need to freak out.

      Before you ask; no, I haven't been in contact with Wanda, Tony, or any of them. They did try to contact me at first before I ditched my phone off a boat on my way to Norway. I have no idea what Carol has been up to. Well, besides killing Thanos. I left, I couldn't look back.

      Alright. I checked up on them once. I can invisibly teleport places, it's something I can get away with. So I was a little selfish with it this time. Alright- shut up. This was a good reason.

       She was there. She looked happy too. I hope she is, she really deserves it. I was an asshole to leave but I had to. I've grown, moved on, moved past it. Though it hurt like a bitch, I slowly accepted that she isn't my future. And that sometimes, no matter how hard you may want something, it doesn't always happen. It's been hard, but I've gotten there. Mostly with the help of Yelena.

       The rest were there too, having their little family.. whatever you want to call it. (I didn't really have a family, okay?). They seemed to be getting along well too. They were smiling. It was nice. Seeing that was enough for me, it had to be. I couldn't risk getting any closer.

       And yet, here I am. I wish it was for a different reason, but it's not. And I have to be insanely careful.

     Which brings me to getting the information they want. I did some digging and found out that they keep travel logs, missions and a whole bunch of crap on their jet. I guess it's backed up for some reason. It's not the big info but I'm so not risking my ass getting caught by going in their little family building. No fucking way. The buyers also wanted some info about the jet, so it's a win win.