Chapter Two

Nats POV

     "So tell me again why we have to go to some crummy police station in some small ass town?" I was definitely not happy about being brought into some small town case. Clearly Fury is losing it or is desperate for us to do something. Although, I'm not sure why Barnes and I are specifically required for this job. I guess it had been awhile since we've been on a mission..

    "I'm not giving all the details yet, I'll just say it's something the avengers should be taking charge off. Fury interrupted my train of thought with his not-so-helpful information.

     "That sounds really promising. I mean how big of a case can come out of this place?" I've already forgotten the name; it's that small. "Are you sure the case didn't get a little messy and they just wanted us to clean it up for them?"

     Fury sighs a little frustrated, "I know one of the cops here. I've got full confidence that if they say it's of avengers importance, it is."

     I just take his word and keep up my pace to the front of the station. There's numerous police officers walking around seemingly busy doing who knows what.

   "Ah, Fury, black widow, winter soldier, glad you could come on such short notice. I know this is a little unconventional but I think you'll be interested in what we have." She starts walking to another room and we follow assuming that's what she intended.

     "So two days ago there was a bank robbery at Central Bank. Seemed pretty straight forward, few guys, masks, guns. Pretty quick and clean job, not much evidence and no one to really give us any implication on who it might be."

      "But then, later that day we had a package so generously left at our front desk. There was a gun and a note linking us to one of the robbers at the bank. Not only that, but they also gave us a face on camera as he tried to rob a person. We've gathered the person almost being robbed is the same as the one that had the package delivered as they reference that in the note."

   "Wait, so you're telling me someone almost got robbed, but instead got the guy caught for a bank robbery?" I couldn't help but acknowledge; this is one lucky SOB. But still, seemed fishy.

     "Yeah, it seemed a little too lucky to us, too." The police officer then started to do some stuff on the computer bringing up a video clip. "So we dug a little deeper, into the video feed."

      She hit play, showing us the whole confrontation between the robber and the person. They were able to overpower the robber quite easily, which is kind of saying something because the guy looks huge, at least 6 foot. This other person was definitely not 6 foot. I may be slightly impressed. Slightly.

     "They seemed to handle themselves fairly well and I'm assuming you got the perp based off of all the evidence, so why are we here?" I still didn't get why we had to be apart of this.

      "Yeah, I mean it seems like you have the case pretty much solved. I don't see what we'll have to offer." Bucky finally decides to chip in. And he's right.

     "Yes, they handled themselves very well. And seemed to get away fine watching the video further. But that's where things get interesting. One of our guys caught this while looking through all of the evidence." This time she hits play and it's zoomed into the person being robbed.

      It's the part where she takes the gun from the attacker and sticks it in the back part.. no wait. There's nothing there. The fuck?

     "The fuck?" Sometimes I just say what I'm thinking. "The gun just vanishes, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?" Also, a tad upset at myself for not noticing this right away. But in my defense, I really didn't think this was going to be important and therefore only half paid attention.