Chapter Sixty Three

Nats POV

We made it to the compound in record time but it still didn't seem fast enough. Spencer seemed to get worse by the second and the hope I was holding onto was slipping through my fingers.

The second we were landing I was up and moving Spencer to the door. I wasn't about to waste any time. I could see the feet of my team members as the door seemed to take hours to open.

I really did not have time for this shit.

But if I wanted their help, I had to give them something.

It was Bucky, Tony and Wanda. Just fan fucking tastic.

"Nat, what's going on?! Where did you go. Who is this?" Wanda

"Wait.. is that Spencer?! Like Carols Spencer? The fuck? How.." Bucky

"What the hell happened? Who are these people?" Tony

They were all rambling at once and I seriously don't know how they can't tell we don't have time for this shit.

"Shut the fuck up!" Well, that worked. "Clearly she isn't doing so well. So can you all shut your traps and get her some damn help before she dies!?"

After a moment of surprised stares, they quickly got to work, Wanda used her wiggly woos to move Spencer while Tony started calling the necessary people that will hopefully fix my girlfriend.

To say I was losing my mind as I watched her disappear into the very hands of the people that might ruin her future because of her past, well it would be an understatement.

I know they are my friends and they are the best option to help her, but now that we're here and I'm not by her side.. well I can't help but question my decision.

I know they will help heal her, of course they will. And I know they love and trust me. But this is a whole new ball game. First of all, a lot of them know Spencer. And I don't know how we're going to get out of telling them that she's the ghost.

And that's when shit will really hit the fan.

But I have to push those worries away because the thoughts of Spencer on a hospital bed and me not knowing what the hell is going on, well it's already enough to push me to the edge.

So far no one has asked any questions. I think they know I'm not ready nor in the mood to talk. Yelena, Melina, and Alexei are all with me. They're sitting down, all looking like they could break at any second.

I have been pacing back and forth like a mad woman, chewing my fingernails to the nub. My emotions are running every direction along with my thoughts.

I have no clue what the fuck to do. I have never felt this.. this sense of helplessness before. I am completely at a loss. I'm feeling everything, yet, I'm numb.

Over all I just really, really need Spencer to be okay. With every fiber of my being, I am willing Spencer to survive this. I don't know the extent of her injuries or what really happened to her, but I knew I couldn't look at the time when we were in my room. Now not knowing isn't helping. Though I don't know if it would help if I did.

Now all I can do is pace. And worry. And wait. And hope.

——————

We've been here for an eternity. The other avengers have been kind enough to give us our space for now. No doubt there will be questions later. Melina and Alexei have fallen asleep together in the chairs. I'm sitting, no longer able to force my limbs to move. Yelena and I are leaning on each other, our emotional and physical exhaustion finally catching up to us.