The adventure of egg-sitting

It was another normal day in hexside. Now orion and luz are both now second and third students that ever go through the multitrack course in school, early on we see orion and luz in the beast keeping class which is one of luz's tracks, as well as orion and viney's secondary track. Speaking of which, the three were even assigned to the same table as dalin, With orion sitting next to luz and dalin was sitting next viney as they all listen to the beast keeping teacher who looks like a gopher. Okay, class! Today we'll be starting a new project the beast keeper teacher said this weekend, all of you will be taking care of... *Tug the tarp off the wooden cart revealing it full of brown eggs* roc eggs! He said and as usual, luz was excited "ooh! I know this assignment, we have this similar one back in my world. Only key difference it's usually either a sack of flowers or an unfertilized chicken egg" luz said yes exactly! Thank you for the interesting lesson on how things are done in your world, ms. noceda the teacher said now normally you would each be given one egg, but due to an unfortunate mix-up this morning with the cafeteria...

*Cutaway*

Outside of hexside a goblin in a chief's was being led by the coven guards to the boiling isles's version of a police car. I swear to you, I had no idea that those eggs were for the beast keeping track! I thought they're part of this morning's delivery! The goblin said tell that to the judge the coven guard said throwing him in.

*End cutaway*

And so there's only enough for half of you, so for that reason, you will be put into teams of two the beast keeping teacher said as several hands shoot up "and yes, this will go towards your final grades" he said as all the hands went back down. Teach I have some questions. One, aren't roc are those gigantic birds that can lift up a elephant? And two? Do we get to pick our partners or are you going to choose for us? Orion asked. Ah excellent questioned Mr. Clawthorne *shuddering, obviously still traumatized by what eda did when she was a student* yes, rocs are as you said they are. Fortunately when they are young, they are harmless... Unless if you're either small mammal, insect, or a frog he muttered the last part under his breath "and for your second questioned, I already taken the liberty of choosing your partners, so don't complain if you get someone you aren't particularly fond of, or if you get Mr. Egg-sitter over there *pointing to a student far in the back*" I told you, my mom thought they were eggs I picked up in the market! The student replied tell that to the roc rancher we had to pay 10 snails in reimbursement the beast keeping teacher said isn't this exciting, orion? If we get to be partners, it'll be like I'm the mommy and you'll be the daddy and the egg will be like our baby! Luz said excitedly "Ooookay, take it down a notch" he said pushing luz back with one finger against her forehead "okay here are the groups *the teacher began to listing off pairs, soon, only a few were left* let's see now, dalin, you'll be partnered with..... Viney" the beast keeping teacher said pointing to the healing/beast keeping dual track witch "and that just leaves orion with--" MEEE! Luz exclaimed as tackles him for tight hug excitedly that she be his partner "of course" orion said in a almost out of air.

After class dalin and viney were walking down the stairs while viney hold their roc egg and by their side was orion and luz while he holds onto his roc egg. "Okay so this is the part we split up huh?" He said seems like dalin added "okay guys you go take care of your egg while me and orion will take care of our little baby junior here!" Luz said rubbing the egg against her cheek "please don't called it that" orion said in a flat tone as he and luz started heading back home leaving dalin and viney by themselves as they look at each other "so, how do you want to do this? Do you want me to take care of it today and tomorrow and you can take care of it on sunday? Or do you want to take of it today and tomorrow and I take care of it sunday? Or do you want to take care of it together? Dalin asked mmm why don't we start by going to your house for now? Viney offered "sss yeah I don't know, I don't get a lot of visitors to come to my home, plus my house is outside of the city and I don't think you're the kind who likes along walk from here "hey I'm capable of long walks, I am" mmm okay but don't say I didn't warn you, let's go dalin said as he and viney headed strait to his home.