2.25. Cubicles

Louis had given the news of his engagement to the rest of his family that weekend, and Harry had done the same with his (not to Valerie's family though), and so far everyone was very happy for them.

He was actually surprised that his mum had seemed genuinely happy for him, which was quite the relief, because he had been prepared for something else.

He still had to tell his friend Molly, but he was going to do it that Monday after his therapy session, as he was going to get coffee with her.

That was if he made it out okay from therapy.

"How was your week?" Abigail asked what she asked every Monday.

"Uhm... I got engaged?" Louis replied.

"Why are you saying it as if it's a question?" Abigail wondered.

"It's not" Louis denied "Harry proposed, and I said yes, so we're engaged".

"Congratulations" Abigail smiled at him.

"Thank you" Louis replied.

"Are you happy?" Abigail asked.

"Yes, I am" Louis confirmed, and smiled a little "Harry's the one, I'm sure about it".

"It's good that you're sure" Abigail told him.

"I am, but..." Louis hesitated, because that intrusive thought he had been in his mind since that night, and he knew he needed to talk about it.

"Tell me what's bothering you" Abigail encouraged him.

"Before Harry proposed he said he wanted us to have a baby" Louis explained "And that actually freaked me out, and my reaction when he proposed was to get up and walk away".

"I see..." Abigail nodded.

"Harry went after me, and we talked and after that I said yes" Louis explained.

"Did you talk about having a baby?" Abigail wondered.

"Yes, and I told him I can't have a baby" Louis explained.

"You can't or you don't want to?" Abigail questioned.

"I can't, you know that".

"I'm sorry, I didn't, you've never mentioned that, and it wasn't on your file when you became my patient" Abigail frowned "Was it after the accident? Did it leave you unable to get pregnant again?".

"No, it's not like that" Louis shook his head "I can't have a baby because of my meds, they're not safe during pregnancy".

"Oh" Abigail said, and she seemed to be considering her words carefully "Did you tell Harry that?".

"Yes" Louis confirmed "And he said that he doesn't need to have another baby, that we had Landon, and he has his girls, and that's enough for him".

"Are you afraid that he wasn't being truthful?".

"No, Harry doesn't lie to me" Louis explained "That's why I said yes, because I knew he understood".

"It's good that you were able to have an honest conversation about this, it's a good foundation for a marriage".

"Yeah..." Louis agreed, and looked down at his fingers.

"But there's still something bothering you" Abigail concluded.

"Yes" Louis admitted.

"Can you tell me what that is?".

"I don't know, I..." Louis sighed "I don't know".

"We can try to figure that out together" Abigail considered.

"Yeah...".

"Tell me what's going through your mind".