2.23. Set down your glass

The preschool was out for the summer, which meant that the girls didn't have to attend, and Louis didn't have to teach.

But Harry still had to work, so instead of him having to hire a babysitter for the mornings or put the girls on summer daycare, Louis offered to watch them. At first Harry said no, not because he didn't trust Louis, he said it was because he didn't want to abuse their relationship, as the girls weren't Louis' responsibility. But Louis insisted until Harry agreed, so now Louis woke up early every morning and instead of going to work, he was going to Harry's house to look after Quinn and Willa.

And he was trying to organize fun activities for the girls, like going to the beach and going to the park, so they could have a fun summer, instead of spending it all being locked inside the house.

That Tuesday, though, Louis brought Roxy with him, and they spent the morning in the backyard, as Harry had just gotten the girls an inflatable pool, and all they wanted to do was play there.

Louis knew that the girls knew how to swim, Harry had told him as much, but he was still paying extra attention to them, because as a teacher he knew that accidents could happen in just a second when it came to little kids.

"Girls, your dad is going to be home for lunch soon, so why don't we go inside" Louis offered.

"We have to?" Quinn asked with a little pout.

"Yes, but I'm sure Andrea will let you come back outside after lunch" Louis said referring to the twins nanny.

Louis was still teaching piano lessons in the afternoons, except for Mondays when he had his therapy sessions, so Andrea was the one who took care of the twins in the afternoons.

The girls reluctantly got out of the pool, and Louis wrapped them in a big towel each, dried them a bit, and brought them inside the house, and just as he did, Harry arrived.

"Where you in the pool, babies?" Harry asked them.

"Yeah" Quinn nodded "But Louis made us get out".

"I think it's because we're going to eat lunch, love" Harry pointed out.

Louis was busy setting up things for lunch, which wasn't much work; Harry always left lunch cooked the night before, even though Louis kept telling he could do it during the morning, but he insisted that it wasn't his job.

They all had lunch together, and then when Andrea arrived Louis and Harry both said goodbye to the girls, and left, Louis holding Roxy's reach with him.

"Do you and Roxy want a ride home, babe?" Harry offered once they were out of the house.

"I think Roxy rather walk" Louis smiled.

"Okay" Harry said and pecked his lips "Thanks for taking care of the girls today".

"No problem".

"Before you go, though..." Harry started.

"Yeah?" Louis asked.

"Are you free Thursday night?" Harry questioned.

"Yes" Louis shrugged, he didn't have many plans lately that didn't include Harry.

"Good, because I made dinner reservations" Harry smiled.

"Why a Thursday?" Louis asked confused, because whenever they did a date night it was a Friday or Saturday.

"Because it's a special Thursday" Harry grinned.

"Why?" Louis questioned.

"I'm gonna let you figure that out" Harry smiled, and got in his car.