1.25. Crack the shutters

Things started to be a little more normal after that day.

Louis was still having bad days, though, and those bad days seriously tested Harry's patience. But the thing was, that there were more good days than bad ones, and they outweighed them by a lot.

And the secret to Louis having a good day, was giving him enough love and attention, Harry had learnt that by now, and he was doing his best to provide him with that.

But when he arrived home that Monday after class, he didn't find Louis at the flat, which was rare, Louis was always there when he came home.

The flat was more or less tidy, and the bed was made, which hadn't been when Harry left, because Louis had still been in bed then.

And because Harry rarely had the flat for himself, he just made himself a snack, and then went to the second bedroom, which was his study place, but it was going to turn into the baby's room eventually.

He had been studying for a couple of hours, when he heard the front door of the flat opening, and then...

"Harry?" Louis asked.

"I'm here!" Harry said loudly from where he was.

He heard footsteps, and then Louis appeared at the door, and he was carrying a bunch of shopping bags.

"Hi, babe" Louis said happily.

"Hey" Harry replied "What's all that, love?".

"Some shopping I did" Louis explained as he left the bags on the floor "I got some maternity clothes, pants specially, this morning I couldn't button the last pair of jeans that fit me".

Louis was 14 weeks along by now, and his belly was slowly but surely growing. They had actually had a doctors appointment last Friday, and it had been amazing too ser how much their son had grown in the past month, he now looked like a proper baby in the pictures.

"I also got you something" Louis informed him, and started rummaging through the bags.

"Me?" Harry frowned.

"Yeah, I got you a coat" Louis said as he pulled a black coat from a bag "Do you like it?".

"Yeah, but why did you get me a coat?" Harry asked confused.

"Because you're my boyfriend, and I love you, and when I saw it, I thought of you" Louis said cheerfully "Why don't you try it on?".

"Uhm... okay" Harry agreed.

Harry took the coat from Louis and he put it on.

"It looks so good on you" Louis said happily.

"Yeah?" Harry asked as he looked down on it.

"Yeah, go look in the mirror" Louis encouraged him.

Harry went to the bathroom, and looked at himself in the mirror, and he had to give it to Louis; the coat did look good, and it was pretty nice.

"So?" Louis asked as he leaned in the door frame.

"Looks great" Harry confirmed.

"I'm so happy you liked it" Louis grinned.

"I do like it a lot, thank you, babe" Harry smiled "But you don't have to buy me stuff like this, this was probably expensive"

"Don't worry about it" Louis brushed off "Now let me show you what I got for Landon".

As he said that, Louis walked away, and Harry followed him as he took off his new coat.

"Isn't a bit too soon to start buying things for Landon?" Harry questioned as he reached his studying room again.