2.3. Never gonna fall in love again

Louis basically spent the entire weekend being locked in his room and only coming down for meals.

Of course, that made his nan worry and ask him constantly to tell her what was going on, but Louis didn't budge and kept it to himself, but assuring her there was nothing to worry about. 

When Monday came though, Louis told himself that he wouldn't keep drowning in his emotions, that he was a proper adult now, with adult responsibilities, and so he had to get up, take a shower and go to work.

And that's exactly what he did.

And even though he was still sad, he realized that getting out of the house actually helped him feel better.

As he approached the preschool, he found himself looking cautiously around, in case Harry was there dropping off his daughters, but by the time he went inside the school, Harry was nowhere to be seen.

And luckily, today he didn't have to teach the class where Quinn and Willa were, but he knew he needed to prepare himself for when it happened, which would tomorrow. And it wasn't that he was going to treat them any different than the other kids, but just knowing they were Harry's daughters was weird to him, and he needed to get used to it.

The morning went by normally, and Louis didn't have much time to even think about Harry, not when he was in charge of little kids that needed constant attention.

So he was only able to really think about Harry by the time he was done teaching, and he started getting things ready for the following day. He was at it, when there was a knock on his door, and he was pretty sure it was Molly wanting to go out for lunch.

"Come in" Louis called.

The door opened, but it wasn't Molly, it was Harry.

"Hi, Lou" Harry greeted him as he walked inside the classroom.

"What are you doing here?" Louis asked nervously.

"You left so quickly on Friday that we barely had time to catch up, so I came to pick up my girls a little earlier thinking I could come by your classroom" Harry explained.

"How did you know where my classroom was?" Louis questioned.

"I asked at the main office" Harry explained.

"Right" Louis nodded, feeling completely awkward "I'm actually a little busy right now".

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bother you" Harry apologized.

"It's fine" Louis mumbled, even though it wasn't.

"Do you think we could get together sometime? Just for a cup of coffee?" Harry proposed.

"Why?" Louis wondered.

"To catch up, I guess" Harry shrugged.

Louis remembered his therapist's words then, telling him he needed to talk to Harry to finally be able to close that chapter of his life.

So maybe this was his chance, and maybe if he talked to Harry he would stop crying over him like he had done all weekend.

"I know it's been a long time for us, but I would love to know how you are, what you've been up to" Harry added when Louis didn't reply.

"Uhm..." Louis hesitated, but then told himself to be brave, so he was "Okay, sure".

"Great" Harry smiled, showing his dimples "Do you think maybe tomorrow?".

"Tomorrow?".

"Maybe at 5:30?" Harry proposed.

Louis taught private piano lessons at that time so he shook his head no, he couldn't bail on that to get together with Harry.