2.19. The only noise

Louis felt really bad for missing Willa and Quinn's birthday party, but he kept telling himself that he had made the right decision, and he confirmed it when Harry called him that night and told him how things had been with Valerie's parents.

Apparently they had been pretty rude to Harry all day, and kept criticizing him for everything, to a point where he had almost went off on them, but had stopped himself for the girls sake.

Louis thought that Valerie's parents had no business being so rude, but he decided not to express his opinions very strongly, because Harry's relationship with them had nothing to do with him. But he still made sure to assure Harry that he was an amazing dad and that he was doing a brilliant job raising his girls.

The next day, which was Sunday, Harry's mum went back home in the morning, and Valerie's parents, who had stayed in Brighton overnight, picked up the girls after breakfast to take them out and spend time with them, which gave Harry and Louis time to spend time alone together.

"Now that the girls birthday is over, we should focus on the next birthday coming up" Louis decided while they ate lunch together.

"Mine?" Harry wondered.

"Yes, yours" Louis chuckled "I already checked and it's a Saturday, so we can pretty much do whatever you want".

"I don't wanna do anything specific" Harry shrugged "Just be with you and the girls".

"And what do you want as a present?" Louis questioned.

"Mmm" Harry considered "I don't really want... wait, I do want something".

"What is it?" Louis asked, feeling happy that he wouldn't have to think of a present on his own.

"I want a piano concert from you" Harry smirked.

Louis rolled his eyes.

"Come on, baby, we've been together for months and I still haven't heard you play" Harry reminded him.

"You did at the preschool's Christmas concert" Louis pointed out.

"Rudolf the red nosed reindeer doesn't count" Harry told him "And it's such an easy present, you don't even have to spend money".

"I would honestly rather spend money" Louis replied.

"Why?" Harry questioned "You're a music teacher, you play the piano all the time".

"But not properly, it's just children songs" Louis pointed out.

"What about the private piano lessons you teach?".

"I'm not the one playing then, it's the kids" Louis explained.

"But you do play on your own, don't you? At home?" Harry questioned.

"Yeah..." Louis admitted reluctantly "But I don't even let my nan watch me play".

"Why?".

"It makes me feel self conscious" Louis replied.

"Could you make an exception for your handsome boyfriend's birthday because you love him very much?" Harry asked with a cute smile.

"I'll think about it" Louis decided.

"I'll take that as a yes, and I'll be expecting my concert on the day of my birthday" Harry decided.

"We'll see" Louis said vaguely as he signaled the waiter for the check.

"Babe, I'm paying" Harry told him.

"No, I am" Louis replied "I invited you".

"No, I invited you" Harry insisted.