Chapter One Hundred Forty Four

Start from the beginning

I watch Nats reaction as the lights turn on in the row. They're reflecting in her eyes like stars. She slowly turns around, taking them all in.

The happiness emitting from the smile on her face shining brighter than the lights, than the stars.

"Spencer.. this is.."

"Just the start."

She brings her gaze to me, a small amount of confusion still lingering.

I put my arm out and she grabs it without question.

I start us walking down the path that the lights direct us to go, Nat taking in the view as we go. I'm just watching her.

We grow nearer to our final destination.

Somehow her eyes get bigger and she gasps,  meeting my eyes she asks, "is this the.." she lets the question hang there, so I answer for her.

"The same pond we went to for our first date? Yes, yes it is."

      "I love you." She pulls me in for a loving kiss.

      "I love you, too."

      So this is going well so far.

      We look back out at the pond where I had placed some of those floating lanterns to let them do their own thing.

      Yeah, that's where I teleported without you earlier.

      "This is.. beautiful. When did you even get the chance to set all of this up?"

      "Well, I did have some help. It took a few trips, and a shit load of lights," we both laugh. "But to see your reaction.. it was all very much worth it."

      "I don't know why I get to be loved by you, but I am so thankful. I mean, who thinks of all of this.." she gestures all around us.

      "I would do anything and everything for you, Nat. This is only the beginning."

      She tilts her head, probably unsure of why I would say it like that seeing as we've been dating just about a year now.

       I take this opportunity to take a step away from her and bow while holding out my hand.

       "Would you do me the honor of dancing with me?"

       "No music, huh?" She says, but she accepts my hand.

       This is when I press the next button that's connected to the Bluetooth speakers which starts playing music.

       I pull her into me with my right hand, wrapping my left around her waist.

       Our smiles bigger than the moon and matching.

      "You really thought of everything."

      "Well, planning is one of my many talents," I joke. More to ease my nerves than anything.

      Her right hand moves from my shoulder over to my neck, playing with some of my hair while tickling the back of my head at the same time. The feeling sending a sensation throughout me.

       For a time, we're just looking in each other's eyes, completely lost in the moment. As cheesy as it is, even the lights around us seem to fall away.

       I bring our foreheads together, letting the music lull us into a rhythm.

       She breaks it, "is.. this you playing the violin?"

       I smile because I knew she'd pick up on that. "It is. I've been working on it for.. a really long time," I breath out.

       "It sounds amazing. You sound amazing, bub."

       "I am only sorry I can't sing as well as I can play."

       She brings her head up to look at me. Once again unsure of what I could possibly mean.

        I clear my throat, doing my best to time the next song, the one I had planned all along; Fall Into Me by Forest Blakk.

        And I start singing softly,

        The day that I met you
        The world had just spit me out
        On my way to the bottom
        Sure I'd never be found
        Then you saw me for me
        Made me believe in myself
        On the day that I met you
         It all turned around

       I continue to sing, keeping my focus on her, trying to keep myself together, but completely falling apart.

       All of the love I am putting into every word, radiating off of me. Her gaze says it all; all of the love she is feeling for me.

       And the happiness somehow reaches a new level. I want to this moment to last forever. To permanently capture this happiness and love.

       That's when it hits me; I could have it all, for the rest of my life, I could have this love and happiness. It all comes from her.

      I had been looking for a song that could encapsulate everything I feel for this amazing women. I just didn't think I'd find it. But this song couldn't capture our story, how I feel, any better. We were both put through so much but came out stronger because we leaned on each other.      

       My world was dark before she came around. She brought a hope and light into my world that brought a new life to me, one I didn't know I could have. And I have been falling more for her everyday I've known her. I will continue to let this love for her grow everyday to come.

      I just have to take this next big leap.

      So, I finish out the song;

     Fall into me and I'll catch you, darlin
      Let's dance in the streets like nobody's watching
      It's just you and me and the song on repeat in      
      our heads

      I steal myself for this next moment because as I sing the end of the last sentence, I take Nat by the hand and twirl her away from me.

      I take this opportunity to get down on one knee, bracing myself for her reaction when she sees me.

      I keep the ring in my pocket for now, having so much to say before I want to show it.

      It's another one of those slow motion moments where I see her twirl, smile taking over her face as she closes her eyes, letting the momentum take her for an instant.

      And as she slows down from the spin, coming back to face me, I watch as her eyes flicker open, a split second where she looks for me before her eyes find me kneeling on the ground.

      My heart hammering so loud it's trying to build a whole house.

      But my smile remains.

      Her brows furrow, because why would I be on the ground?

      Then her eyes widen, a realization taking over.

      I take a deep breath, ready to put everything out there. Ready for this next big leap.

      Everything we have been through leading us to this moment, to this time together.

       Here goes everything.