Chapter One Hundred Thirty Six

Start from the beginning

      "I'm sorry, what?"

      "She said thank you, Spencer," Alexei clarifies.

      "Yeah," I shake my head, "I heard that. But why?"

      Melina answers, "Because you helped bring our family together. You've been an amazing friend, amazing worker, amazing addition to this family, amazing.."

      "Girlfriend." Nat finishes for her, grabbing my hand and kissing my cheek.

      "Oh. Well.. I.."

      "Yeah, Spence. You mean a lot to all of us," Yelena agrees.

      I just scratch the back of my neck because I don't really know what to say.

      Yelena speaks up again, "Spence, we're just trying to say that we're glad to have you as part of this family." Then she winks at me.

      My eyes widen, hopefully she gets the hint not to say anything more.

      She does.

      "Never thought I would say this, but I'm really glad you worked for my dad."

      "Me too. I never thought it would lead to all of this. I love you all."

      "We love you too, Spence."

——————

       Even having everyone there and with the desserts, it was still difficult to officially leave that place.

      I know I can and will come back. But still.

      We have everything packed and ready to be teleported.

       But I can literally do that at anytime and it would only take minimal effort and a couple of minutes. Maybe.

       So, to go out the right way, we're going to the karaoke bar.

       And this time, Alexei and Melina are coming too.

       We're going big. Dressing to the nines.

       We'll leave a lasting impression.

       (Not that we haven't already.)

Anyway.

We're here.

"Okay. This is very loud. Where do we get the drinks?" Melina asks.

"I'll get them, you find a table?" I offer.

"On it." Yelena says.

I order a couple rounds for us, having the bartender help me take them over to us.

Yes, it's the one I slept with forever ago. No, it doesn't matter.

"Alright, you're all set. Enjoy your night. Let me know if you need anything," she says as she winks before walking away.

Maybe it matters a little bit.

Nats glaring.

Moving on.

"Alright everyone," I grab a shot, indicating to them to do the same. "To family!"

"To family!" And down the shoot it goes.

And then another.

And another.

And another.

You get the drift here, right?

And that has lead all five us up on the stage, singing We Are Family by Sister Sledge.