+ What if?: Harry Lived with Emmanuelle and Sirius? [Part 4]

Start from the beginning

The sight of Deimos falling over his board and into the water pulled him from his reverie and had Harry jump to his feet. The panic came back. This wasn't the same, he kept telling himself. They're fine. They're safe, they're safe. He kept chanting that in his head until he saw his brother emerge from the water laughing. Carina went to Deimos' side and helped him on her board, and it was only then that Harry found some sort of relief, but the worry was still there.

This was one of the reasons why he wanted to go to the beach. After what happened to him months ago at the graveyard, Harry has been plagued by nightmares and flashbacks. The simple sight of his mother accidentally cutting herself with a knife brought him on edge as it reminded him of Pettigrew cutting him for his blood. The sight of Deimos falling over would remind him of Cedric's body on the ground, though the Hufflepuff was alive thanks to Morgan, the image of Cedric's temporary death would always haunt him. Then the Dark Lord. As he emerged, all he could think of at that time was getting back to his family, but if he does, he was putting them in danger too.

"All right, Harry?"

The familiar voice of an old friend broke Harry from his reverie. Approaching their spot was a young man with a lean built, tall, dark skin, clean shaven head, and wore a Hawaiian shirt and some beach shorts.

"Hey, Isaiah," Harry greeted.

Isaiah greeted Harry with a firm handshake followed by a brotherly embrace. "Haven't see you all around. How's summer?"

"Better."

"School?"

Harry's jaw clenched as another flash of the graveyard came back, he quickly pushed it back. "There were better days."

"Carina?"

Harry bit back a laugh. Isaiah, much like the other Muggle children in town, was an old friend. With Emmanuelle and Sirius letting them attend Muggle school before Hogwarts, he and Carina made friends with the other children. At first, Carina had a huge crush on Isaiah but that fizzled out when she started attended Hogwarts and met other people. Or rather, when she met Cedric Diggory. Ironically, the summery they came back from Hogwarts, Isaiah started to show that he liked Carina but all she could talk about was this handsome third year who was nice to her. Since then, Isaiah has been trying to get Carina's attention, the problem was she was in this fancy boarding school that was completely isolated from the outside. No phones. And letters coming were only from their family. Well, that was the excuse they came up with.

"She's fine," Harry replied. "What brings you here?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that? Unlike me who has the beach as a backyard, you have to go on a hike just to get here," Isaiah turned to the sight of the waves after hearing the sound of Carina's laughter. "Then again, your sister doesn't let anything get in the way of her day in the beach."

"Her and Maisie. Those two would riot if they don't get a good summer surfing."

After a couple of waves more, Carina, Maisie, and Deimos returned to their spot, all soaking wet and carrying their boards. Harry met Deimos half-way and helped the boy by carrying the board.

"Hey, Dei," Isaiah greeted.

Deimos bumped fists with Isaiah before laying on the blanket. "I need food."

After Carina tossed the wrapped sandwich at Deimos' face, she went to greet Isaiah. Though Harry knew that Isaiah was a good guy and a childhood friend of theirs but knowing the young man's little crush on Carina, Harry wasn't exactly okay with her removing her rush guard, leaving only her bikini while she talked to the boy. Reaching for her shirt, he threw it at Carina's head.