30: My everything

I checked the living room and Mikey wasn't there so I went straight to his room and knock on the door,
"can I come in?" He didn't answered so I just went in, like sister, like brother.
He was sitting on the sofa in the corner of his room and watching television! I closed the door, went in and sat next to him on the sofa.
"You mad at me?" I asked but didn't get any answer.
"So you're mad at me! What did I do?"
"You don't know?" he finally spoke with a deep voice.
"No, it's just that I did a lot of thing, I don't know which one you're mad about! Besides you're the one who ignored me for two weeks and now you're mad at me! how's that work!" I look at the TV to avoid linking eyes with him.
"That was cause I didn't want you in Toman, and this is because you ignore me!"
"I didn't!"
"You have plans every-fucking-time I ask you to hangout with me! You're with a guy every time I see you!"
"What's this bullshit Mikey?"
"Sam, I'm asking you this one question, please tell me the truth! Yeah?"
"What?" I look back at him, and he was looking at me.
"You dating Baji?" Omg! he stares straight into my eyes and ask me if I'm dating Kei! doesn't he know my feelings!? I thought to myself. "No! I don't"
"Why you guys always hanging out then?"
"Cause he's my friend? Don't you know how important he's to me? You, Keisuke and Emma, you guys are my everything." I look at him in the eyes while pouting.
He looked away, and didn't say anything.
"You guys are my everything too, you, Emma, Baji, Ken and my gang. You're my family. So please don't ever think about leaving me...again" he take a look at me and look away again.

He was trying to hold his tears back, but I could hear his voice cracking a little, he sounds sad.
"I won't, Mikey? I was a kid back then! I regret leaving with my dad" his head turned to my side  and we linked eyes again.
"Why? Weren't you happy?"
"Huh...I was happy here when my mom was alive, and I'm happy now, with you guys"
"What happened?"
"He left me, my dad..." so I told him everything! I also told him about how he left me alone in the house all the time, and slept around for his research!
"Sometimes it was like walls in the house eating me alive, like they closing in on me and bury me."
I look at the TV again, and tried to hold my tears but one fall after another. Mikey reached for my hand and hold it in his hands.
"You're not alone here Sam, I'll always be with you" he whispered to me, while give my hand a squeeze.
"I know!" I looked at him and smiled.
"and I'll be with you, always"
"Yeah, you should, you're the one who keep my sanity in check. And Ken-chin is the one who keep me from the wrong road! I need you guys by my side to survive!"
I gave him a reassuring smile and hold his hand with my other hand.

After a couple of minutes staring into each other's eyes, I let go of his hand and turned to the TV,
"How was your day?"
"I hangout with Ken-chin and. He took me to the hospital where Pah-chin's friend's girlfriend was, and we apologise to her family." he also lean back to the sofa and look at TV.
"He's a good guy, Ken"
"Yeah..."

The room was dark, so the light from TV made the room a little  brighter.
I sneak a peek at his face, his blonde hair was shining. Then he turned his head and catch me staring again.
"What?" he asked with a smile.
"Nothing...so how did you guys end up making a gang?"
"We formed the gang around first year in middle school, Tokyo Manji gang! I just wanted to make a new age of delinquents. I wanted to have family that care for each other and have each other's back." he put his head on my shoulder, I take a look at him and smile.
"I think you got it! The family..."
"Huh...i guess we did, you're also my family dumbass" he said with a low voice.
"I'm not a dumbass, you're a dumbass!" but I didn't get any response, so I look at his face, he was sleep!
"How can you sleep so fast?!" I smiled, lean my head back on the sofa and closed my eyes.