05: School

«Maaaa... you're the best, unnecessary best" I said sitting at the table. "When did you even had the time to buy my uniform?" Grandma also sits at the table with a smile "the day you told me you and your father want to stay and live here I went down to school and told them my grandchild going to start school there... I know the principal there, he's an old friend of mine, and then I bought your uniform same day"

I got up from my chair and hugged her from behind while she was sitting "Ma... I love you" I swallowed a lump in my throat "I regret not staying with you Ma..." she pats my hand and said with a soft voice "I love you too butterfly... the most important thing is that you're with me now, and I'm not going to let your dad take you away again"

So, I put on my uniform, which includes a short sleeve white shirt, a short gray skirt, long black socks, and cute red tie. I looked at myself into the mirror "what the fuck? This is NOT my style..." so l found a legging and a long black jacket and put them on. The jacket came down to my knees and had a hoodie. "So much better huh"

Whether isn't cold, but it isn't warm either. It's the end of July and a little chilly outside.
We went to school, the Mizo middle school, and I'm a second year. We meet up with grandma's friend, aka principal and they send me to class right away. Teacher was waiting for me, he asked me to stand in front of class and introduce myself and say something I'm good at.

So, I stand there with a smirk "my name is Sayuri Nagami... 14 and... I'm good in everything I do" everyone looking at me in daze, and I looked back at them with the same smirk till my eyes landed on faces I knew! "HOLY SHIT!!! HINATAAA... Akiiii!!!"
Hinata Tachibana with her short rosy, brown hair and big light-brown eyes, and Aki Suzuki with her long and dark brown hair, and cute brown eyes which she hides behind glasses, are my besties from four years ago.

I dropped my bag and run to them. Aki and Hinata jumped from their chairs, and we hugged each other.
"Suzuki, Tachibana and Nagami... site down, we have class, you can have your reunion after school" teacher said annoyed. We three giggled and sat down.

After class we had so much to talk about and catch up with, we even skipped lunch.
I talked about the places I have been and how I tried to get used to it, Hinata told me about his boyfriend and Aki about how boring her life have become.
After school we went to get ice cream and Hina introduced her boyfriend to me, Takemichi Hanagaki.
His hair was bleached yellow, and he had bruises on his face. He had his school's uniform on. He is a wired guy, but if they like each other so it's all good.

Me and Aki leave the love birds alone after a while and head home together. Aki was not happy with me, "are we even friends?" she asked without looking at me, while we are walking back home. "of course, we are, don't you wanna be my friend anymore?" I said, "you're an ass Sam! You call yourself our friend and you one day pack up and leave without telling us a damn thing! How is that friendship?" she called my old nickname. Then she stopped walking and looked at my face, while her voice shaking.
"I'm sorry Aki, I know I wasn't a good friend, but I swear it wasn't my fault, my dad suddenly came and take me with him..."
"Your dad?...Huh, Ok, but what about you not contacting us afterwards?...don't tell me your phone was broken or you didn't had access to a phone, because I'm not gonna believe you" she sounds mad.
"I'm sorry Aki...I don't wanna make any excuses but it just happened...".
"You know what? why don't you get your sorry and shove it up your...I swear to god" she stopped and went silent. Oh god she's really mad, I thought to myself.

She continued and glare at me, wanting more explanation. "My dad forced me to start a new life, I couldn't even call my grandma! Ok? Please just leave the past be in past, yeah?" I said with tears in my eyes wanting to come out.
She calm down a little, "don't leave us ever again Sam, or I'll kill you and myself" she said with a low voice. I pulled her into a hug and promised her that I would never leave her again.