I Just Got Home

I thanked Mine as I stepped out, and same with Ayame, as well as paying them.

I walked back to the house, admiring pretty much everything. The buildings, the people, the children, the birds, and the other animals. Something about it was just a sweet-like feeling, one that you just don't want to pass by, one that you would want to feel permanently.

Or something like that.

Right as I walked into the house upon arriving, I was greeted by Yuki.

"Did anything happen?" He asked me.

"Nope, nothing at all." I smiled.

Then I saw Kyo pass me to get to Yuki and talk to him as I walked into the kitchen.

"Is the stubborn Orange going?" I asked Tohru who was cleaning.

"No, he said he had things to do at home." She replied with a gentle smile.

"What a brat." I added.

"Ready to go?" Yuki asked us, appearing out of nowhere.

"Yep." I replied, and just after was a 'Mhm!' from Tohru.

Off we went, the whole group, the only part missing was Kyo, that brat of a cat.

When we made it to the gravesite, we saw Uochan and Hanachan, waiting for us.

"Glad you all could make it!" Uochan smiled.

"Yes, same here!" Tohru gleamed with excitement.

"Now let's get this picnic started!" Uochan got a bit too excited for this.

I didn't mind the energy at all, it was nice to have an upbeat group around. Uochan's excitement, Hanachan's strength, Yuki's understanding, and Tohru's kindness. It's a good mix.

We ate and laughed and talked, all with Kyoko. And after, we gave our blessing and thanks to Kyoko. Even though I never knew her, I thanked her for Tohru.

Going home was a breeze, it was honestly incredibly nice, and the amount of walking has been helping me since I was sleeping for so long.

----------

That night though... let's just say it was eventful.

Right as I had got back to the house, with groceries for tonight after figuring out that Momiji would be coming over, I heard a very loud noise.

"KYO!" Tohru screamed.

I dropped my bags off in the kitchen and immediately ran up the stairs with no hesitation.

What could possibly be happening, nothing ever happens to Kyo.

Was he hurt?

Was he in danger?

I was struggling to find an answer before seeing it firsthand, but who knows anymore.

Everyone is falling apart, and it's hard, I know it. I understand it.

But Kyo?

That's unusual, and never would I have thought it to happen.

I bolted to Tohru's room first, and that's where it was happening, right there.

"Tohru, what's going on?" I asked as I saw Kyo just standing there, completely blank.

"I-I don't know!" She shouted, quieter than the last, but still loud.

"Calm down, breath." She slowed down and took a breath. "Now think, and answer the question; what happened?"

"He had asked if I was similar to my father, and shortly we came inside to look at a picture I still had. After showing him though, he seemed as if he had a seen a ghost and now he just won't respond." Tohru was still scared.

"He hasn't responded to you at all?"

"No." Tohru cried softly.

"Kyo." I waved at his face and suddenly he started to lose strength.

His knee's buckled and when he did fall, I caught him, not as gently as I would've hoped. At least he didn't fall straight to the ground.

"Can you get a cup of water and place it in his room, please." I asked as kindly as possible to Tohru who looked as if she had witnessed a death.

"Y-yeah, sure." She replied as she ran down the stairs.

I adjusted myself in order to at least drag Kyo to his own room. In which, I struggled, but I got there before Tohru came back up with the water.

Laying him down gently and placing the water near him so he could see it when he woke up.

This was a tense situation to come home to, I wasn't mad, at least I was there when it happened so Tohru didn't deal with it by herself.

"Thank you." Tohru said to me as we sat at the kitchen table in mostly silence.

"Thank you, for what?"

"Helping." She smiled that smile at me. It wasn't completely a reassuring one though, she still seemed so worried. "I wouldn't have been able to do that myself in a calm manor like how you handled it."

"Hey, it's no sweat, don't worry about not being calm. It wasn't your fault, whatever it was, I know it wasn't." I placed a hand on her shoulder. "No matter what happened, it was already over with. I'm sure that he'll figure it out himself, and if not, he will reach out. I know him, maybe not as well as you, but from what I know, he will."

"Hallo!" I heard Momiji come into the house, as well as another pair of footsteps.

"Hey." I smiled and went to go hug him as a greeting.

That hug was quite a long one too.