The Ongoing Pain

Yuki's POV:

When I first turned the corner, I saw her holding her hands to her head as if something had shown up automatically.

"Y/n!" I said as I started running towards her. "Are you ok, speak to me!"

I shout, no response.

I snap, no response.

I knelt beside her as she was on her knees, holding her head.

I wrapped my arms around her and she instantly hooked onto me for comfort.

What has Akito done?

That bastard...

I hugged her back as her arms were around my neck.

"It's ok, it'll all be ok." I said as I placed a hand on her head.

She was crying, I could tell. Her breathing was off. In fact...

Everything was...

She was shaking,

shivering,

crying,

she was terrified...

I hugged her tightly so hopefully she may understand that I'm here, and that she's ok now.

I'll keep the promise Haru...

I'll protect her.

Momiji's POV:

As we turned the corner, Yuki and Y/n were hugging on the ground... both crying as they hugged.

"Oh no, what happened?" I asked as we slowly ran to them and were very very worried.

"I knew this would happen, it was bound to." Haru said as he joined in and hugged them both.

It was unexpected for Yuki to cry in front of us. It's like whatever Y/n was going through, he felt the same and was also on edge.

Was this Akito's doing?

If so, what did Akito put them through?

I know Akito doesn't really like me, and he never has, but what did he do?

What did he do to hurt them?

What did they do to get punished so badly?

Could I have done something to help?

Maybe by a little so it wasn't this bad?

Is there even a way for me to help now?

How can I be of help?

Of use?

These two are my friends...

I can't let them endure the pain on their own.

Endless thoughts rummaged my mind.

How could we get out of this place without grabbing the attention of the people outside?

"Haru, you should keep Tohru and Kyo busy. Distract them from this, I'll try my best to help them." I stated, becoming more serious than I ever like to be.

"You sure-?"

"Just go, please." I cut him off.

"Yeah, sure." He nodded and ran off towards them.

"Yuki!" I shouted at him.

He opened his emotionless eyes, as they dripped tears, and spoke. "We need to get out of here... I know."

"Yes, let's get up and quickly make our exit near that door over there. Y/n you've gotta try and get up on your own. I know it's hard right now, but please try." I sympathized.

Yuki stood up, letting go of the hug, and then helping Y/n get up on their own two feet.

"That's it, now head that way." I pointed to the exit door as Yuki nodded.

I sighed out of relief as I saw them take the exit out.

The door was automatic so it slowly closed, and I saw them head towards the stairs.

Yuki's POV:

Just a bit further until we get outside, you can do it Y/n. Keep your posture even though it's hard.

The thing is, I understand what she's going through.

I understand the burning pain in the head. The one that feels like a torch scorching your brain.

I understand the numbness in the body. The one that makes you feel weak and useless.

Well guess what, Y/n. You're not useless, you're what everyone needs. You're the glue to the family, have you ever noticed that?

The aligning soul holds us all together.

The aligning soul helps us in the darkest of moments.

It's not YOUR fault that the aligning soul centuries ago, broke the rules.

It was never your fault, yet I know you blame yourself for it.

Every night, you'd go downstairs, claiming you're getting something to drink when really, you're going down there to get away from everyone, to blame yourself and cry.

YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!

Y/n, don't you see...

How important you are to me?

How important you are to the ENTIRE family!

Stop wasting your time and have FUN!

For once in your life, take a break and let yourself free!

Do it for me!

For Tohru!

For Haru!

For Momiji!

For Kagura!

For Shigure!

For Hatori!

For Kisa and Hiro!

For Ayame and Mine!

For Kyo and Sensei!

For Ritsu!

For Saki and Arisa!

For Kureno!

For Machi and Kakeru!

Please, let this faith and confidence reach you.

Let hope it can find it's way into your skin so you can breath the air that I figured out how to breath.

I've found myself, now it's time for you to as well.

I'll help you, so will Haru.

We've got your back.

In fact...

everyone does.