So the Kitten Can Laugh

Y/n's POV:

The rest of what happened was simple.

I just slept for an hour or two and came downstairs for dinner once we got back to the house.

I had been told that neither Tohru or Kyo knew what happened and I'd like to keep it that way.

I sat down next to Momiji as Tohru handed out the food to each individual.

I smiled as she gave me mine. "Thanks Strawberry!" I said as I then placed the food in front of me.

"Ginger Pork." Hatsuharu said emotionless. "Yayyy."

"Wow, how enthusiastic." I replied with a chuckle.

Momiji laughed too.

"Am I next?" He asked, and then Tohru placed a plate of food in his hands. "Meat! Yum!"

I'm lucky to have been put in a situation with such nice people.

People who care for and about me.

I do the same of course, like duh.

----------

The next day was supposed to be very rainy, and by night, it was just that.

The storm had horrible lightning and thunder, and we were all siting at the table aside from Kyo who was up in his room.

"Y'know, this is the perfect weather for them to come." Shigure said with a smirk. "They might, who knows."

Lightning hit with thunder following behind, scaring Tohru.

"Uh, they...who?" She asked.

"Don't be starting any of that Pomegranate." I said rolling my eyes.

Just then Momiji came bursting through the doors with a huge smile on his face as he was soaked.

Tohru screamed as I smiled.

I quickly went to the kitchen and grabbed a towel to give to Momiji. He took it and wiped his face then left it on his hair.

"What's going on Lemon?" I asked as he sat down at the table next to me.

"Ah that's right! We're getting out of here!" He through his arms up as he sat.

"Really? To where?" I asked.

"And when?" Yuki added.

"Tomorrow! We said we'd hangout together this summer, right? Well, I reserved one of the Sohma vacation homes for us to go to!" He answered.

"You think it'd really be ok if I go?" Tohru questioned.

"Of course! C'mon please!" I had a huge smile on my face as I said those words.

"Well, then, yea sure, I'll go!" Tohru said as both me and Momiji squealed in excitement.

"Yeah, seems fun." Shigure said.

"Shichan! You should come too!" Momiji stated with a face of 'please'.

"Don't you have work to do?" Yuki asked Gure.

"Nah." He said with a smile as he tried to be cutesy.

"Quit smiling like that, you're making me wanna puke." Yuki claimed.

"It should be easy since there's hardly much to do in that summer work sheet." I stepped in.

"Oh right, did you all finish it?" Shigure asked.

"Yeah." Yuki replied.

"Ja! I got a head start so mines already done." Momiji said.

"Yeppers." I calmly said, then I noticed Tohru, who now sat with her head to the table.

"Uh oh, this ain't good." I stated.

"What's wrong Tohru?" Momiji questioned.

"I-... I didn't get it done yet..." She said disappointed in herself.

"It's fine, we can head up now and work on it." I replied.

"Really?" She questioned.

"No, I'm just saying that. I don't actually want to help you." I sarcastically said as I then chuckled after. "Of course strawberry! Let's go."

"Oh, right! Of course, let's go!" She said as if she were in the military.

She's a weird one, but I love her for that.

Brightening everyone's day wherever she goes and no matter who it is.

I strive to be like that.

After a bit, we were talking about how exciting it's going to be when we go. Although she had one more segment to do on the homework, we were getting a bit too much off topic.

"Where's Kyo?" Momiji asked.

"Oh, he's in his room." Tohru answered.

"He's that tired of us?" I replied.

"Let's go see him, Y/n!" Momiji rang in excitement.

He's always a ball of energy.

"Kyo!" He yelled as he barged into the room. "Aw... are you sick?"

Kyo was lying on his back on the floor.

"Nah, just tired. And way to tired to talk to you." Kyo said.

"Ay, don't forget about me." I whined.

"Oh, great. Yeah, you too, Y/n." I could see him hold in a chuckle as his arm was over his face. "What do you guys want anyway?"

"Oh, that's right! We're leaving to go to the beach tomorrow, did you wanna come?" Momiji said.

Kyo then sat up, grabbed Momiji by the head and gave him the Knuckle rub.

"Ow Kyo! You meanie!" Momiji began. "You will come though right?"

"I'm going to bed, get out." He said.

"Tohru will be sad if you don't, Orange." I replied as I was about to leave.

"Ja!" Momiji whined.

"I said to leave, that doesn't mean I'm not going. Now get out, the both of ya, I gotta pack." He said as he sat down next to his closet.

"Yay!" Momiji said as he jumped onto his hands and knees next to Kyo. "We're going to catch stag-beetles!"

"Y'know you're one weird kid." Kyo said.

I snorted as I was trying to hold in my laughter as Momiji left to the other room.

"Don't think I forgot about you, ya dense Cherry." Kyo snickered.

"Dense, huh?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said calmly.

"You'll pay for that, kitten!" I said as I fake punched him in the back.

"That's absolutely terrible." He countered back at me.

"I'm not actually gonna punch you, loser." I replied.

"I'm sure it's weak anyways."

"Woah, woah, woah!"

"Hm?"

"You wanna test that? Really?"

"Uh, yeah."

I then came over and punched him in the arm as hard as I could.

"Not bad." He said as he tried to keep a straight mean face.

"Pfft-." I started laughing so hard, I couldn't contain myself.

He started a chuckle, then laughed too. Surprisingly, he could laugh.

I was rolling on the floor, and he was just laying down.

When I finally finished, I got up. "Alright, cya later." I said as I walked out of the room, still chuckling a bit.

"Sure." He replied as a smile stuck on his face.

I smiled back and closed the door behind me.

Then it finally hit me.

Did I really just see Kyo... laugh?