Hakuna Matata

"All exams have been posted, and if you have any failing grades, makeups will be held." Ms. Shiraki said to the class.

Surprisingly, I didn't fail any, I was super happy about it too.

"Tohru? You don't look so good." Arisa pointed out walking over to her desk. "Well let's hear it, did you fail."

Tohru just clenched up.

"How many?"

Tohru held up a finger.

"Oh? One subject isn't too much to worry about." Uochan said.

Me and Hanachan came over. "Well, if it makes you feel any better, you have a way better grade than me. I failed all of them." Hanachan said, placing a hand on Tohru's back.

"Was there no studying with Blueberry, this time around?" I asked.

Tohru looked up to me. "No, me and Yuki did study."

"Eh, so what? It's one subject, you can easily back that up in the makeups!" I replied.

Yuki started coming over to us. "Tohru." He said like he would any other conversation.

She backed away, scared of what to do and feeling bad for taking Yuki's time.

I came over to her. "Hey, don't stress over it. It's one SINGLE subject. And if you need more studying, you can always do it with me, but I bet Yuki wouldn't mind doing it again, right?"

"Yeah, I wouldn't mind. And Miss Honda, it's no big deal. You didn't waste my time." He replied. "I had nothing to do anyways."

She was anxious the rest of the day, poor girl.

It was after school, I went home earlier than usual, to hopefully, get some chores done before Tohru got back so she didn't have to worry about anything more than what she's already going through.

It was a few minutes after the time Tohru said she'd be back with Kyo, what's going on?

About 5 more minutes went by and I had finished more than half the chores she has to do.

"Well, this is very nice of you Y/n." Shigure told me after he saw me working hard.

"Thanks-." I got cut off by struggling noises coming from outside. "Wait, you hear that?"

I walked over to the front door, opened it, only to find Kyo helping Tohru walk without hugging or anything.

"What happened?" I asked as I hesitantly walked over to them.

"I guess she's been so worried about the makeup test, she might've made herself sick." Kyo replied.

"Are you serious? Tohru." I said as I helped her as well.

We got her sitting down at the table and Shigure took her temperature.

"Yep, a bit of a fever." Shigure said as the thermometer read 38.2 degree's C . "My Diagnoses, a cold."

"YEAH! NO DUH!" Kyo said angrily.

"Calm down, will 'ya?" I asked.

"Don't worry, just a bit of medicine will perk me right up." Tohru said with a smile.

"NO, GO UPSTAIRS AND GET SOME REST!" Kyo needs to calm down, she's sick.

"But-." Tohru started.

"No but's Tohru, you're sick." I said.

"Y/n's right, no chores or work." Shigure added.

"Kay." Tohru said disappointed.

She went upstairs and changed into some pj's.

I checked on Tohru after a few minutes then came back down. I picked up the phone that was there.

"Shigure, what's Momiji's number?" I asked.

He gave me the answer and I dialed it.

"You calling Tohru in for work?" He asked.

"Yeah, might as well let Momiji tell the workers there when he arrives and also to let him know."

Shigure smiled and walked over to Kyo who was sitting at the table.

The phone picked up.

"Hello?" Momiji said.

"Hey Lemon." I replied.

"Y/n! What's this for?"

"Well, Tohru came back home from school with a cold."

"A cold?!" Momiji got a little loud there.

"Calm down, she's fine. Relaxing and everything. I did the chores for her, well most of them but I'll get 'em done."

"Ok, good."

"If you don't mind, could you tell her co-workers, I can also fill in for her."

"It would be fun to have someone with me, but I sure can! You can count on me!"

"Ok, I'll be there late, I've gotta go cook some dinner for her."

"Alrighty! See you soon!"

The call ended. I really don't mind filling in for her so why not? Besides it'd be a little present from me. She's just a janitor anyways!

I placed the phone down and went down the hall to the kitchen.

"I'll be filling in for Tohru at work." I said as I got a pot and got the rice out. "I'll cook for her before then though."

"No, you leave, otherwise, you'll be late. Tohru leaves around this time so leave it to me." Kyon replied coming over to the kitchen and starting it.

"Ok, thanks, that's a huge help!" I said as I took off, out the front door.

"What a nice girl, we're lucky to have 2 of them." Shigure said.

"That's creepy coming from you." Kyo said.

I giggled as I heard that.

Tohru's work building is so big, it's easy to spot.

I walked in and met with Momiji at the front.

"I thought you said you'd be late?" He asked me as we started walking up the stairs together to the janitor's room.

"Well, Kyo took my place in the whole cooking mission. Not sure why he'd be so generous, but I may have the slightest idea." I picked up a coat and slipped it on.

"He must have a soft spot. Could be for you or Tohru." Momiji replied.

"Don't think it's me kiddo." I said with a smile. "Anyway's, how should I do this? Is there any specific order?"

Work was fine and I came home to see Yuki, Kyo, and Shigure eating fast food, as expected.

I got a small piece of paper, by ripping it off a bigger piece, a paper clip, and the money from that shift.

I placed the money down on the counter, along with the piece of paper that now had a note on it saying, "I'm sorry that you got sick Tohru, so I went to go do your shift, here's your well deserved money, Strawberry!" I put it all in the paper clip and was about to go upstairs with it-.

"We got some for you too, Y/n." Yuki stated. "Come, sit down."

"Aw, thanks!" I replied.

"We weren't sure what you wanted and if you don't want it, I bet someone else will eat it." Kyo said sternly.

"No, no! This is fine, I'll eat anything. I'm starving anyway!" I said as I sat down and started digging in.

I understand what Tohru goes through now, I'm going to start helping her from now on, and I'm not taking 'No' for answer from her.

After, I cleaned up everyone's trash, I picked up the money and brought it upstairs. I slipped it under Tohru's door which I instantly heard her get up, so I swiftly made it downstairs.

"I'll sleep down here so she can get a good night's sleep without worry." I said scratching the back of my head. "Is there a futon I can use, Shigure?"

"Yep." Shigure said.