How Will Things Turn Out?

Tohru's POV:

"Momiji came and got me." Shigure announced after I had asked him what he was doing here with Hatori.

Akito left with... Kureno. Akito's... the god...

"The poor thing was so scared." Shigure continued.

Then it came back to me... "Y/n!" I scared myself as I looked behind me.

Hatori and Shigure noticed, and Hatori ran over to her.

"I'll take her back with us." Hatori picked her up.

"But-!" I got cut off.

"You'll see her again soon, Tohru." Shigure smiled.

I looked down... then noticed Momiji.

"Momiji!" I panicked.

"He's hurt but not badly." Hatori stated.

"Are you ok?" I ran over to him.

"Um... I think so." He tried to hold on his tears but couldn't.

"To me..." I held his face in one hand. "Even your tears are precious."

I pulled him into a hug, and even though he'd transform, he hugged me back.

"You're going to catch a cold you two." Shigure said as I held Momiji.

Hatori and Shigure kept talking but all I could think about was Momiji and Y/n...

I know Momiji would be ok... but Y/n... they're taking her away... when will I see her again?

She can't leave forever... right?

Yuki's POV:

Kyo, Haru, and I watched from the windows. Haru was keeping Kyo back, while I stood there.

Sooner or later, Hatori walked in front of the window... with Y/n in his arms.

Is she ok?

Even Haru realized.

He stopped holding onto Kyo as he then proceeded to get mad at himself.

"Haru, nothing could've been done from us, same with you Kyo." I said grabbing onto my elbow and looking down. "But if we were to intervene in any way... it would've only made matters worse."

Kyo got angry and walked away, probably back to his room.

"It isn't exactly easy... protecting someone." Haru looked to the ground.

Then I remembered, it's not just Y/n... but Isuzu too.

"That why." I accidentally blurted out. "Oh, nothing. You're right, though. It can be hard... trying to keep someone else safe."

Tohru's POV:

It's hard... but even so, I wanna protect them, no matter what.

The sun started peaking through the curtains as dawn approached.

We had come back in and gone to sleep after the whole problem... but I was concerned for Y/n.

She's never entirely talked about what had happened in the event before we were at the beach after finally getting her out of her room, and stuff like even before that, when Akito first arrived... things only happen after Akito's quick visits.

I just know that... I won't see her for a while... until school of course, but I hope she comes back as soon as possible!

—————

The day was spent and the night was approaching, almost time for the fireworks... although there was one problem... Y/n.

Since she says she's never had a break in her life before, especially not like this one, I'm sure she hasn't ever experienced fireworks for herself...

It hurts not knowing if she's ok or not... I'm worried but I'll keep it towards the back of my mind to make sure the others are happy.

It's hard though... really.

Y/n's POV:

I woke up, in a bed that wasn't so familiar, the room wasn't either. It had the generic Japanese style... was I at the estate?

I speed walked over to the window to realize... yep, that's where I was...

The Sohma Estate.

Although, this room isn't at all like the one where I stayed with Akito though.

I saw the sun setting, I guess I was tired after what had happened.

I'm worried... Tohru... Momiji... are they ok?

I'm sure they are, right?

I have to try and think positively... like Tohru said.

Tears started falling from my eyes. I sat, back on the bed, and held the pillow as I cried.

I couldn't help it, I miss them. Yes, already, I do.

I really do...

—————

Hours and days had passed... summer break was nearing an end.

During that time, I was under the care of the servants at the head house, but Hatori kept Akito out of my way.

It was easier... not having to deal with the pain.

I was in this house that belonged to my family, years and years ago.

My parents gave me up to the god for the money they would receive. They took the money and left Japan, went somewhere else, which at this point, who knows where they actually scurried away to.

Then I remembered... teacher conferences at the beginning of the year...

How will that work?

I'll have to figure it out later, although it's hard, not thinking about it.

My mind is kind of all over the place, you could say... but, since I've been here, I haven't spoken a word to anyone. Not even Hatori...

I just haven't felt the need to talk and couldn't be bothered... even though it could be worrying them... I just don't know what to say.

'Thank you?'

But... how could I?

It's been so long since words ever came out.

It's too late... besides it would be too awkward.